tool box

tonyvkubota

Equipment
2013/B3200HST/L504 loader/60" rotary finish mower/ 60"brush hog
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Can anyone offer any ideas for a tool box that I could make fit using my three point hitch on a B3200 ? Something big enough to hold a chain saw, oil, fuel , wedges, slings etc. My thinking it be better than towing a small utility wagon. Hoping maybe something I could buy. I do not have machineing equipment or welding equipment at my disposal , but might be able to have a shop make something if I had some ideas from here.Any suggestions be appreciated.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Maybe a Carry-all?

TSC sells the metal framework - add wood parts/box as you see fit.

Fallon

Equipment
L3200
Sep 10, 2013
Parker, CO
Pallet forks, then just throw everything on a pallet. More for the front than 3pt, but a caryall can pick up a pallet too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

tonyvkubota

Equipment
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Maybe a Carry-all?

Ok, that looks like the way to go for me. Some pressure treated wood, little carpentry skill ( and I have only a little in the carpentry skill ) and I can make just what I want. A wagon going thru the woods, backing up in tight places is just annoying if not needed. Thanks for the idea. I will be making use of your suggestion.

tonyvkubota

Equipment
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Maybe a Carry-all?

OK off to tractor supply , then a bite to eat in Roma' s on the way back. Thanks again

JGL

Equipment
L2250,bushhog,cultivator,woodsplitter,buzzsaw,farmi winch,woods blade,harrows,
Feb 17, 2013
Dieppe, NB,Canada
Had the same problem as you have, it took me 30 years to build a carry all, one of the best implement to put on your tractor. You put it on when you need it, take it off when you don't. I built mine with 2'' angle iron with 2x10 and 2x4 pressure treated wood

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I built a rectangular frame out of angle iron, 1-1/4 x 1-1/4" and laid a piece of 1/2" plywood inside that, At the front corners I had sufficient plywood cut-out that the hooks of the Harbor Freight quick-hitch fit in there. Then at the rear corners I had a loop at each corner made of 3/8" diameter rods. Attached to those loops was a light chain on each side. On each end of the chain I used those closed type latched chain connectors looking like mountain climbers use.

Then on the upper corners of the quick hitch frame I welded on loops so hooks from the chain could be attached there. Thus, the platform is supported on front by the hooks of the Quick Hitch and at the rear by the chains, adjustable. Since I had given away both of my good welders when I moved to the city, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a $100 wire feed welder. With that cheap welder I did all the work. It only welds light stuff, but it worked. These welds don't need much skill. This platform is also used for carrying wood to the cabin for heating. Is easily taken off and easily adjusted. Measurements about 3 feet wide by 3 feet to the rear. One added feature not really needed was an extra angle iron down the center in case the plywood sagged. Much lighter than fork lifts and pallets. You could add sides to the platform to keep stuff on it better.

Steel came from a local steel supply house. However some hardware stores sell it also.

In the past, I carried chain saws in a scabbards made of plywood attached to convenient parts of the tractor.

cerlawson

Equipment
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Beginner welder, practice first on scraps. Don't use their welding wire, but get some known brand wire, smaller size. This cheap welder does amazing and needs a 20 amp 110v outlet. Even comes with a cheap, but OK shield.

tonyvkubota

Equipment
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Had the same problem as you have, it took me 30 years to build a carry all, one of the best implement to put on your tractor. You put it on when you need it, take it off when you don't. I built mine with 2'' angle iron with 2x10 and 2x4 pressure treated wood[/QUOTE

Yes I see others here thinking the same general way. The replays gave me several good ideas. Thanks too all for the good ideas. I will be busy building soon.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you really don't want to have to do heavy fab work.
Get a 3 point hitch.

And a receiver tool box. ;)

cerlawson

Equipment
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
The attachment shown with the 2 inch square receiver is great. However, any of these three point tools usually is much better used along with the Quick Hitch as sold by harbor Freight and others. Get that and you will be pleased. For instance that triangular attachment can have a couple of 1" bars welded on to serve as a cleat for attaching a rope for when you want to pull over a tree that is about to fall the wrong way. Weld on some grab hooks and you have a place for chains for dragging logs. The, the obvious. Backup to a trailer and ease your ball hitch up under the trailer hitch and away you go, staying on the tractor all the time.

tonyvkubota

Equipment
Dec 14, 2013
ny
Pallet forks, then just throw everything on a pallet. More for the front than 3pt, but a caryall can pick up a pallet too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ok, got some great ideas from all the reply's. Basically going to take part of several reply`s and put them together for what I like to make for a tool box. I will post the pictures when done in a few weeks.
Thanks to all for the great suggestions . All the suggestions gave me a plan now what to do for a tool box. THANK YOU TO ALL