tool bag

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I have seen many really cool modifications and with only a few hours on my own tractor I am continually looking for the same few tools. A tool box of sorts was needed soon.

Many fabricated old boxes to fit between the ROPS and Manufacturers made brackets to limit even more the easy access to sit down comfortably. I needed a quick easy simple fix.

When I ran a tool shop we had a hard time selling these 8x8 Electricians bags. We marketed them as Hobby bags, Quilters bags, Fisherman's bags...... you get the idea.

With 2 zip ties I made it into a Kubota Bag. What I need is quick and easy to get to including my small chains, straps and gloves. Quick easy fast and only $10.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's an easy and simple idea, as long as you don't leave your tractor in the rain and muck up all your tools. :D

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
Leave it in the rain? Heck if it is going to rain I am staying inside and the tractor will be in the barn. :) Then again it is a canvas bag and it will shed water quick. The tools can take a bit of water so can the gloves. The tool boxes all seem to get in the way so far. Still looking for better ideas that will not be in the way. The BX is so small already it will be hard not to be in the way.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My comment of leaving it in the rain, comes from my experience as a user of that same type of tool bag. :D
I can't tell you how many times I've been doing a job and got me and my bags rained on while working, and having tools get wet and then mucked up one way or another. :(

Roll

Equipment
B7300
Dec 14, 2016
Central Ohio
I have seen many really cool modifications and with only a few hours on my own tractor I am continually looking for the same few tools. A tool box of sorts was needed soon.

Many fabricated old boxes to fit between the ROPS and Manufacturers made brackets to limit even more the easy access to sit down comfortably. I needed a quick easy simple fix.

When I ran a tool shop we had a hard time selling these 8x8 Electricians bags. We marketed them as Hobby bags, Quilters bags, Fisherman's bags...... you get the idea.

With 2 zip ties I made it into a Kubota Bag. What I need is quick and easy to get to including my small chains, straps and gloves. Quick easy fast and only $10.
I haven't used my tractor much; just bought it in November 2016. But the more of these posts I read the more useful a bag of tools seems to get. I may try something similar since I can't weld and have no metal working skill or tools. You can get a number of useful tools in a small canvas bag.

Roll and when it rains I come in; this tractor is strictly residential use.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
This post made me think of another option for a tool bag. At thee Army surplus you can buy a canvas bag that closes up water proof. They are about 12 inches buy maybe 15 inches and made to hang on the back of the seat of the old style jeeps