bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
4FC7E6CF-E04D-4BB0-8B9A-B4A8A9A5E934.jpg

5BCA994B-26AE-4479-B17E-163CE86F9A40.jpg

00227163-EF79-4921-B8AA-B708BC1C2A87.jpg

I’ve drug downed trees out of the woods with a quad and SxS, not fast or fun work. I can pick up brush, trees etc and haul to the burn pit and save DAYS of work, not to mention my back. With a little saw work, to keep things at about 8’ lengths,( to fit thru the trees and trails on my property) I can do a weeks worth of work with the Grapple in half a day!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I wonder if Brian has a job today :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I wonder if Brian has a job today :confused:
I certainly hope so skeets, he was placed in a relief position while their main sales guy went on vacation. I almost backed down and handled it myself but I'm so backed up with work I haven't done because of the heat so I figured what the heck, after all this is the third tractor I bought off them not to mention the implements. Now back to finish building my ballast box, break is over.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'm just a short and curly away from pulling the trigger on a new land pride sgc0660 grapple. For years I cleared the trees on the side of my road without the aid of one however old age is creeping up on me and the old body is looking for help. I've read better things about the EA grapple however living here in the north east it would be too costly to consider. The question is do I really need one and is it gonna be that much of a help? I'm thinking even chunking up my fire wood I could lift it up waist high instead of being bent over a back saver for sure. Open to everyone's point of view on this, thanks.
If you do regular cleanup and have some acreage just buy it and you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

BTW I have one like the one you listed and I now wish I bought the bucket style one over the root rake style.
https://www.everythingattachments.c...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm

The root rake works well for digging out shrubs and small trees but less useful for moving logs and firewood because it won't hold as much as the bucket style. If you really want the root rake style you can buy mine and I will get the other one! ;-)

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
While I will likely use it for other tasks, I am looking for a grapple that will be used almost exclusively for lifting and stacking sawlogs from my woodlot.
It will be used on the M6040.
I am a bit confused by the variety of grapples available.
Any recommendations for a grapple to fit my needs?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Checkout the Sundown GR40 they are awesome grapples for carrying and stacking logs.
I think I paid a little under 1k for mine we use it on our tele-loader.

SPECS HERE

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well just got home and the boys delivered my tractor while we were out. All I had time to do was try the grader for 2 or 3 passes before packing for the hunting trip and all I can say is that dang thing makes me want to play with my grapple. ;) It raised gravel I never knew I had in just a few passes. Almost don't want to go on the trip now. Thank you all for the great advice.

Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
You will love the lane plane may take some time figuring out how to adjust it.

I run mine slightly lower in the front which allows it to fill up and feather out nicely when it is dry.

Couple years ago I did all my roads and parking areas one day, looked great. Friend came to visit my uncle who lived behind me and said man the road looks great how many tons of rock did you haul in, had to be 80 or more. Uncle said none Jay has been running the land plane over bringing rock back to the top.

Good luck on your trip our hunting is at a stand still until the hurricane passes.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks fellas. Jay your right, I am gonna love it. Both my wife and I were a little apprehensive but after seeing what it did for the first 3 or 4 hundred yards yesterday which was the worst part of my road I think we'll be very happy with it. I'm looking forward to the trip, spending time with good friends not to mention the hunt but I can guarantee you getting back to finish what I started will be in the back of my mind.

Hopefully this storm will fade out so people can get back to their homes with little or no damage. Better to be safe than sorry but what a major pain in the butt and where does that many people flee to? Very tough for people with young kids and pets not to mention the people who just can't afford it. Stay safe my friend and have a great hunt when you manage to get away.

Doug224

Equipment
M7040SUHD
Jul 12, 2013
Prince George, Virginia
I just picked up a 72" grapple for my m7040. I purchased it from Carolina Attachments...just a few miles south of Greensboro, NC. I live in VA...about 3 hours away...not too bad a ride! I opted for the "Heavy Duty" model...but think I would have been satisfied with the "Standard Duty". They also have an "Extreme Duty" model.
We live on a farm and cut lots of firewood...we have to support three houses. When I purchased the tractor, 5 years ago, I spec'd it out with a WR Long 4N1 bucket...which has been great. I have to agree with the other replies...the grapple is the way to go for brush and wood cutting.

It would take a lot for me to tear something up on the grapple I purchased...it seems to be rated for commercial duty. I know some of the folks have mentioned pricing. This model from CA will run around $2,100.00.

Hope this helps!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've been so busy using the bush hog, getting things done before winter hits I really haven't had time to try mine out. Hopefully that will change this week. Enjoy your new toy, I think they will be a back saver.

dugger

Equipment
MX4800 with loader, mower, grapple and fork lift
Oct 11, 2018
Midlothian
Just bought the MX4800 with the A2000 land pride grapple about three months ago. Best decision ever. I'm nearing 60 and this have made my life so much better. I've moved mountains of limbs, removed stumps and move large rocks. I even push down trees and the thing still looks new. It is expensive and several tried to talk me out of it but its the best decision I've made.

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
I'm just a short and curly away from pulling the trigger on a new land pride sgc0660 grapple. For years I cleared the trees on the side of my road without the aid of one however old age is creeping up on me and the old body is looking for help. I've read better things about the EA grapple however living here in the north east it would be too costly to consider. The question is do I really need one and is it gonna be that much of a help? I'm thinking even chunking up my fire wood I could lift it up waist high instead of being bent over a back saver for sure. Open to everyone's point of view on this, thanks.
I've only had my grapple for a few weeks and I absolutely love it!! It's crazy how much and how fast you can move firewood and brush. I ordered the 48" grapple from carolina attachments for $950 and the third function from everything attachments for $857. So just a touch over $1800 and installed 3rd function myself. Very easy to do If you have just a little mechanical ability. Shops wanted $300 for labor just to install the 3rd function. It took me less than an hour and I'm not a great mechanic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
I just pulled the trigger on a SGC0660 for my L2501. should have it from the dealer in a week or two since he is getting it from other dealer so I don't have to pay freight from the factory and they were talking end of November. Was going to go with the EA grapple but the wait time was a huge factor plus the warranty is the same and my dealer is only 25 miles away not 800 like EA is. I am told the implement is made in Kansas with American steel which sealed the deal for me. Overall about 150 over the cost of the EA but I think it will even out in the end.