titan equip

crovol

Equipment
m9000
Jul 25, 2013
tennessee
has anybody had any experience with titan 48 inch grapples?are they tough enough for a l3800?thanks in advance for putting up with us dummies

hdoilcan

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4x4
Dec 14, 2013
NY
I've been wondering about the quality of the Titan products myself. Seen them on eBay.

Operator...Error

Equipment
Kubota M7060 Ductape, Hammer, and Shovel
Oct 17, 2013
Springfield, Louisiana
I have a 72 inch grapple by Titan. I had to modify the area by the lock pins on the quick attach. There was a 1/4 inch gap that let the grapple slide up and down on the loader arms. I have the before picture below. Not sure if the jig was incorrect or if the skid steer quick attach is a little different. Other than that the grapple is great for moving brush, logs, and getting roots/srubs up. I was expecting something a little weaker than I got. It seems well built to me and very strong. the last picture shows how the bucket fits in comparison.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
has anybody had any experience with titan 48 inch grapples?are they tough enough for a l3800?thanks in advance for putting up with us dummies
The 48" grapple I suspect is too small and light for your loader. You should be looking at a 60" for your tractor.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
We'll be going with the 48" Titan for our 3800. It'd be nice to have a dual claw 72" unit for sure, but it wouldn't be wise to consume 250 kilos of the 524 it has to work with just manipulating the grapple. I will have no issue exceeding the capabilities of the machine using the 48".

With the SSQA I was able to hook up to a 66" 600lb bobcat bucket, and it was clearly too much for the machine. Keep your FEL attachments LIGHT, so you may be able to get as much capability out of the machine as possible.

As far as issues with Titan, and just about every other SSQA attachment company, you will need to shim them for a secure fit when using on the smaller Kubotas. I believe most SSQA machines do not have an issue with the attachments--I typically only hear this complaint from smaller utility tractor owners. Hell, for half the price of everything attachments products, I have no reservations of doing a 10min mod to a product. Keep in mind, it will work just fine without modification. It is however a little loose. I used the pallet forks this weekend to move several 1 ton pallets with the 3800 rather uneventfully. Granted I did need the help of 2 men assisting the loader to a good travel height. (You mind grabbing the pallet and helping the little tractor lift it??)

Titan is in West TN, and you can save money off their listed prices by picking the item up from them.

Last edited: