Tires

Viva-la-L175

Sep 27, 2012
Murray, KY
I know this isn't the right forum for this, but after posting in a completly wrong forum (I clicked the wrong tab and posted before I realized my mistake) I posted this question in the wheel and tire section and haven't gotten a response yet. In any case... My question is: Is is possible to get rear ag tires for the L175 that will match the ones that would have originally been on it in 1973? I've seen some that look brand new and awfully close on some pictures of restorations but I haven't been able to find any myself. Any tips? Thanks!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Tires are tires and I dont think your going to find a replica match to original tires of 1973. Any new set of ags will suit you just fine.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I dare say as close as you'll get is maybe a more true and accurate tire size but in a newer ag form. I do believe some of the earlier tractors had a bit narrower tire then those of today.

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
Viva, "I feel your pain". I have a badly abused L185DT. It was not well taken care of before I obtained it and it shows. Right after I brought it home, I had a rim rust through and had to have the center cut out and welded into the center of a donor 6" by 14" car wheel as I could not find and wheel locally to fit. To add to the frustration now I had to find a tire with the same rolling circumference as the 6-14 Ag Tire. So am running a 6-14 AG tire on left front and a turf tire with a matching rolling circumference on the right front. Have been searching for a used rim for this thing. Talked to the local dealer and the replacement rim is over $150. The problem is not the price so much as the specs have changed. The original rim is 5 inches wide and the new ones are 6 inches. That will throw off the rolling circumference between the two front tires. Also was going to buy 2 new Ag tire for the front and found that the different brands have different diameters and hence different rolling circumferences. I don't know how much of a problem this will be especially since I am on turf 99.9% of the time.

Viva-la-L175

Sep 27, 2012
Murray, KY
Check out West Kentucky Tractor and see if they have any rims, they are a tractor junk yard.

www.wkytp.com
Eric is right. This place is about an hour's drive from my house and it's like Disney World. My only complaint is they don't update their website very often with pictures of their new inventory. But chances are they have anything and everything you want. If you had the time and money and skills you could literally build a Kubota tractor from scratch from what they have on their yard. Service guys are nice too.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh your fine, thats the whole idea behind the threads. So others can chime in on the same subject to seek help or to help others!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Eric is right. This place is about an hour's drive from my house and it's like Disney World. My only complaint is they don't update their website very often with pictures of their new inventory.
The guys are right, its certainly a great place to try to find parts. I also live a little over an hour away from them but alas, I've never had the time to visit. They'd be happy to talk to you on the phone though! Great folks to talk to, as are all but 1 or 2 Kentuckians. Hahaha

Viva-la-L175

Sep 27, 2012
Murray, KY
The guys are right, its certainly a great place to try to find parts. I also live a little over an hour away from them but alas, I've never had the time to visit. They'd be happy to talk to you on the phone though! Great folks to talk to, as are all but 1 or 2 Kentuckians. Hahaha
Where abouts in West Ky are you at Tim?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
dawson springs. its between hopkinsville and madisonville