Tint For My M5N-11

Wade F

Equipment
Potential Kubota Owner
Jun 24, 2022
Fresno
Hey All,
Anyone know the factory tint % that comes stock on my 2021 M5N-111 glass? The Kubota website says under the specs section that it has "tinted glass". I would like to further tint with 50% or 35% film but don't want to go to dark because I do a fair amount of spraying at night. Has anyone tinted their glass over factory tint and if so what %. Lastly should my tint application be to dark can you make recommendations on lighting upgrades or suggestions. Current light is front halogen work lights and headlights (LED's I believe). Thanks!!

DSC06918.jpeg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I believe the factory tint is not a darkness tint, it's more of a UV tint.
So you could do 50% and not really change the value.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Somebody on here posted the tint they had done on their two Kubotas. It looked really nice, you’ll have to search for the post.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
You may want to try the tractor without the tint to see if you like it as-is. Both the DIY cab and the L4240 have tinted windows. The tint is in the glass itself. Nothing really dark, and it isn't enough to interfere with night operation.

I've only ever had a minimal amount of experience with tint. I did the side windows on a K5 Blazer many years ago. I got it done without the horrible bubbles so common on DIY tint:) The film was easily scratched, but being on the side/rear windows I didn't need to look through it to drive the truck.

The PO of the L4240 I now have applied maybe 8" or so of dark tint to the upper portion of the windows. It was super annoying and one of the first things I did was remove it. That took considerable elbow grease.

Since I retired a couple years ago I can almost always find time during the daylight hours to get the mowing done. I do sometimes use the tractor at night, but not nearly as often. When I worked, there were a few Summers that my schedule had me well into the season before getting a chance to have daylight to mow.

One thing I've noticed is that when I do work after dark - or sometimes when the sun is at the wrong angle - it's very helpful to wear a dark shirt. With a white / light colored shirt the reflection of the shirt in the glass can be bothersome.

Attachments