Time for a new quick attach for my la524 loader?

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
greetings all,
I have a question about replacing my LA 524quick attach plate.
I have had the great misfortune to bend it 3 times and now have it repaired 3 times.

How can a person bend the device three times....?
1. Quick attach was knocked loose while using the grapple moving brush all day. Last load of the day it came off one side and then clearly wasn't right.
2. Picked up a log that was not centered off of a high point.
3. Picked up a log of the trailer and was testing for balance and I saw it twist.

The first 2 times that it was repaired by laying it flat, cutting the weld of the tube steel which spans the 2 brackets and then it was rewelded. Both times worked well. This most recent time the dealer heated the metal and let it slowly fall back to a flat plane. The attachment points are closer in plane with each other but not perfect as before. There is still a slight hassle factor with changing attachments and the bucket does not sit parallel to a perfectly horizontal surface (concrete pad). It is still usable but I was going to be getting a cutting edge for this to see if I could perform some more slightly precise skimming of the ground for upcoming projects. I don't think that the loader is tweaked.

I can use it like it is, but I'm wondering if I may have fatigued the metal and thus made it easier for it to twist with less provocation. That's sort of my thought on the last time it twisted as I was actually being mindful of it in trying to prevent a twist.

I appreciate your input.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Make sure the latch pins have adequate pressure, if they are too loose then the attachment can twist and push the pins up.

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
Make sure the latch pins have adequate pressure, if they are too loose then the attachment can twist and push the pins up.
im making sure that latches are down firm before use. Would welding a piece of angle iron keep it from twisting so easily? Or is this the case where you let the less expensive item ($1000 bracket vs $7000 loader) take the abuse and then replace it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The only way possible for the SSQA to twist and get out of sync, is if one latch or the other opens and allows the plate to come away.
There is an adjustment for pin down force that is different than the adjustment for lever force.
If anything cutting the cross pipe completely out and replace with a heavier wall pipe will help to keep them in sync, but yes it's better to have the SSQA twist than the loader frame.

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
The only way possible for the SSQA to twist and get out of sync, is if one latch or the other opens and allows the plate to come away.
There is an adjustment for pin down force that is different than the adjustment for lever force.
If anything cutting the cross pipe completely out and replace with a heavier wall pipe will help to keep them in sync, but yes it's better to have the SSQA twist than the loader frame.
Ill check both of them when i change the bucket out. Thanks.

psdstu

Equipment
M7060HDC, L4060 HTSC, B2601, RTV1140
Dec 20, 2015
Marianna
If you have KTAC insurance file a claim for the damage and have the dealer replace it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd replace the tube, it's been 'stressed' too much.
The 'trick' is to use lots of clamps and jigs to get everything straight and true and after it's welded KEEP it clamped until stone cold ! ANY 'warmth' in the steel can cause it to bend a bit,even a silly 1/8" is too much.

Some have put straps/clamps/?? to keep the SSQA levers from 'magically' opening up, as an 'insurance' item.