Tiller question

Elou795

Apr 28, 2013
Manitoba Canada
I have a bx2370 and I want to get a tiller for it, I'm I thinking of a Phoenix sicma T4 tiller but not sure if I should get the 48" or the 59". Both are rated for PTO hp of 15 to 25 I'm leaning toward the 59" but just want to make sure that its not to hard on the kubota. Any advise from somebody that has one of these and which would be better the 48 or the 59"

Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have a 2360, same tractor just older,,, stay with the 48 incher ,, MHO get much wider than your wheels your asking for trouble also it is much easier to move around not as heavy and not as much dollar wise. Remember yes it would most likely handle it but you have a SMALL tractor, and don't forget to ballast your rear wheels filled and/or wheel weights. Also remember with the larger unit you might need some more weight on the front end unless you have a loader,, Just the musings from another BX guy

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'll go with Skeets on this one, the 48" will probably be the best choice. I would be afraid the 59" would end up being to big to handle.

On a side note if you get one of those tillers post back on how it does. I looked them up and seems like a nice rig.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
The KKII 48" weighs 569lbs.

You want weight but not too much weight.

569lbs will be about all you can handle.

Prepare to add weight to the front also.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I have a bx2370 and I want to get a tiller for it, I'm I thinking of a Phoenix sicma T4 tiller but not sure if I should get the 48" or the 59". Both are rated for PTO hp of 15 to 25 I'm leaning toward the 59" but just want to make sure that its not to hard on the kubota. Any advise from somebody that has one of these and which would be better the 48 or the 59"

Thanks
We have a 48" on a bx2230 and that's all it can handle when you hit the gumbo that's been walked on or driven over. On the nice black earth it works really well. Hope this is of some help Barry.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I echo what has been said- go for the 48". On paper, you have the horsepower to turn the 59", but in reality, between size, weight, and load on the pto, the 48" is going to be optimal and the 59" will be at the limit. Go for optimal.

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I've got a BX25 with 3 pnt. hitch and have the 48" Phoenix tiller that I bought this Spring. It covers the wheel tracks nicely and does a good job overall. I tilled a new 5000 ft garden in field sod in what used to be an old truck garden from 50 years ago. I started shallow on the first pass and went deeper on each succeeding pass to make sure I buried the sod. I had a soil test done, tilled in the lime and then, closer to planting, tilled in the fertilizer. The soil was clay, rocky, sorta loam that needs lots of organic material added. The rocks are very small with an occasional 4-5" chunk of shale. There were tree roots from near by wild black cherry trees along the edges. The tiller handled it all and so did the tractor. It's a perfect match to the BX25.

The quality of the Phoenix impressed me very much. The welds are perfect and so is the paint job. It has 6 large, wide tines on each segment, 5 across for 30 tines total. It is so nice that I actually thought about waxing it for a passing moment. I just washed it instead. I did find a couple of loose bolts that hold the tines on when I first got it, but tightened them upwhile making my initial inspection. I'm really happy with it. It also fits on my Quick hitch.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hey Paul where are you from in the Burgh,,, your not from around MARS are ya?

Elou795

Apr 28, 2013
Manitoba Canada
Thanks guys 48" it is, on a side note does anybody know where I can get an owners manual with maintenance chart in PDF format. I don't like going to the shop and pulling the Manuel out of the seat every time I want to look at something, I googled it but can't seem to find one. My tractor has around 40 hours and I need to order all the filters and fluids that I need and sometimes a quick reference on the iPad is good to have.

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hey Paul where are you from in the Burgh,,, your not from around MARS are ya?
Not from Mars, PA. I'm just outside the Pittsburgh city limits on the Northern side. I did buy my tractor from a Kubota dealer down around Washington, PA though.