This Thread is simply about how SATISFIED and HAPPY a man can be with a Kubota Tractor.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Every once in a while I accomplish work around the place that was only possible and/or enjoyable because of this Orange Tractor.

It can even be a Small Job… but one that would have been really Hard Work…except for the utility of this reliable machine.

I can go out to the hangar (shed, garage, barn, whatever/wherever you keep yours) climb up into the seat and turn that key…. and about 3 compression-stokes later a small puff of dark smoke and a reassuring Clattering-Rumble comes from beneath the hood.

I let it idle about 30 secs and then raise the loader up off the ground. (The rear implement is already up because I leave the lift-lever in the up position after the last shut-down…wherein I lowered it…relaxed the joystick to relieve residual hyd-pressure…then return the lift-lever back to a raised position.… This prevents me from forgetting to raise it before backing out of the bldg.)

Now I’m out of the bldg…in the open… and throttling-up to go to the task at hand…a satisfying short warm-up ride to the work. My dog trots alongside checking me out with her eyes as we move along.

I really admire this machine made back in ‘96 of steel and cast-iron. It has no emissions controls…it’s a “straight diesel”, open station, 8-speed manual gearbox with 85% tires, shiny-paint, no damage and only 600 hrs.… and a 2K-lb rated Kubota loader. It’s nothing “fancy”. It’s just a down-to-earth basic machine…. and that gives a real sense of satisfaction with whatever job is at hand.

Thanks to all here at OTT who have helped me learn how to make better use of it.

How do you feel about Yours?

IMG_20180523_185113592_HDR.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
One of my favorite sounds is that little 3 cylinder loading up when I max out the lift/ pull/ push capacity.

Reactions: 3 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I mostly think about how lucky I am to be in a position to even HAVE such a toy.

We are not "well to do" by any means. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we aren't considered "disadvantaged" by today's financial standards, but we're quite comfortable with our simple life, thank you. Blessed, even.

And trust me, luck played a much bigger role in our circumstances than planning.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Every once in a while I accomplish work around the place that was only possible and/or enjoyable because of this Orange Tractor.

It can even be a Small Job… but one that would have been really Hard Work…except for the utility of this reliable machine.

I can go out to the hangar (shed, garage, barn, whatever/wherever you keep yours) climb up into the seat and turn that key…. and about 3 compression-stokes later a small puff of dark smoke and a reassuring Clattering-Rumble comes from beneath the hood.

I let it idle about 30 secs and then raise the loader up off the ground. (The rear implement is already up because I leave the lift-lever in the up position after the last shut-down…wherein I lowered it…relaxed the joystick to relieve residual hyd-pressure…then return the lift-lever back to a raised position.… This prevents me from forgetting to raise it before backing out of the bldg.)

Now I’m out of the bldg…in the open… and throttling-up to go to the task at hand…a satisfying short warm-up ride to the work. My dog trots alongside checking me out with her eyes as we move along.

I really admire this machine made back in ‘96 of steel and cast-iron. It has no emissions controls…it’s a “straight diesel”, open station, 8-speed manual gearbox with 85% tires, shiny-paint, no damage and only 600 hrs.… and a 2K-lb rated Kubota loader. It’s nothing “fancy”. It’s just a down-to-earth basic machine…. and that gives a real sense of satisfaction with whatever job is at hand.

Thanks to all here at OTT who have helped me learn how to make better use of it.

View attachment 122490
That's a great tractor you have there for sure. I think that many of us here are passionate about our tractors and I feel the same way as you about my orange companions. I like having them, looking at them, towing them on a trailer, using them around my place and friend's places, listening to the sound of the engine, smelling the exhaust, doing maintenance on them, seeing the hour meter advance, and on and on. They are worth every penny and I hope I'm around 20 years from now and still using them.

Sitting in a tractor, enjoying the scenery, listening to music and/or the engine while running up and down a large field pulling a rotary cutter, and seeing immediate improvement is about as much fun as I can have in this life.

mx6060_rcr1884_3.jpg

110821.jpeg

mx6060_rcr1884_1.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’ve told the story in more detail before, but short of it is I lived about 100 yards from my father the last 26 years of his life. My father had a friendship that, as he got older, had somehow transitioned into his “friend” running his life and treating Dad’s land and houses like he owned them. “Friend’s” leverage was having the equipment to perform minimal maintenance to keep the place from getting completely out of control. About 30 days after I realized what was going on, the L4701 was delivered. Unlike “friend’s” tractor, Dad got a key to mine and permission to use it any time.

The L gives me the ability to do the tree work, bush hogging, road/trail maintenance, chipping, and everything else to maintain the land. But the most important job the L has done was taking away that parasite’s leverage and giving my father his freedom back for the last couple years of his life. Just that was worth every penny I paid for it.

I’ve run quite a few CUT sized tractors; mostly older stuff from early 70’s back to late 30’s. The L, with silky smooth loader hydraulics, 3rd function up front, 3 rear remotes, hydraulic top and side links, 3 range HST, power steering, selectable 4WD, SSQA, and 5 minute loader off/on is by far the nicest, most all around capable tractor I’ve ever operated. I still feel a bit spoiled every time I run it.

The T is pretty sweet, too. It’s quite capable for mowing and yard work where the L is too big and heavy to run routinely.

Reactions: 5 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I started with a beat up BX2350. That proved I had use for a tractor.

I've never regretted my B2601. Bought it new. Cost more than my car (yes, I'm tight with money, even though we're not poor). But I probably put more hours on it than I do my car, and it lets me do things I wouldn't do otherwise. I do a lot of community work that gives me joy, and I enjoy all the seat time. Definitely one of the better spends of money I've ever had.

Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I'm right there with you on that.

The thing I like most about my tractor is how it makes projects "fun".

Even mundane chores that I used to put off forever are enjoyable now that I get to fire up the General Lee and have at it.

Hell, I'll go one step further and say that my only regret buying it, was that I didn't buy one 30 years ago.

(I actually don't have enough time/money to do everything that I want with/to the tractor, but I'll save that for the "Tractor Regrets" thread. :p )

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Ok... I'll admit it, I am almost like a kid on Christmas when there is a chore to do with me spending 99% of my time in the seat of my little guy. A little pressure with my foot to move, a twirl of the hand to turn and finger tips used to lift heavy loads.

Reactions: 1 user

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Wish I had a real tractor instead of a riding mower...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Not sure what you own but some of my friends can make my m7060 look like a toy so don’t feel to bad about it.
Looks like ya got a couple nice bikes though. I bet that zx-14r is a rocket.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Not sure what you own but some of my friends can make my m7060 look like a toy so don’t feel to bad about it.
Looks like ya got a couple nice bikes though. I bet that zx-14r is a rocket.
I has teh BX23S; the "garden trowel" of the backhoe realm.

The 14R is a madman.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Bx23s. I think you’re selling yourself short. Let’s see the ol craftsman dig a trench or lift a log. A lawn mower vs a BX23s is like comparing a butter knife to your Swiss Army. A real tractor you’ve got it’s just small. (I won’t tell) lol

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have been told that some company makes "green'" real tractors!
Sum really big uns....too!

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
A real tractor you’ve got it’s just small. (I won’t tell) lol
I just have a clapped out B7100 and it's still far more machine than I could have dreamt. Punches well above it's class.

I'm sure bigger, newer, and better machines would be fine too, but I love this one all the same.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I just woke the MX 6000 up the other day for the first time since probably early Nov 2023. It was sixty degrees and dry here. Not normal for Feb. I used it to move some trailers around in my storage buildings. North of two thousand hours and zero trips to the dealer. I still really like the tractor for what it is. The best part has been no problems with it. Looking forward to spot spraying this summer with it. I have a stable of big tractors and a big skid loader so the MX doesn't get used hard. I did throw the bucket on and back dragged part of the drive way when I had it out. All in all it been a great tractor and its here to stay.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Me too! Who wouldn't want an M5, M6, M7 or M8? :LOL: If I had silly money I'd have the set. I got to sit in a Claas and a Fendt tractor last summer when visiting my brother in England. Those are certainly "real" tractors but there was a place for a "riding mower" too.

fendt_1.jpg

fendt_2.jpg

kubota.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

View attachment 122490
I like your lawn roller!