Third Fuction Valve

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine
Hi, I want to use a snow plow on my 2009 Kubota L4400 Hydrostatic. I have athe Skid Steer attachment steup. In the unlikely event I should decide to install this myself, what exactly do I need to buy to add the third function valve? How much of a job is it?
Thanks very much.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
L3400DT 4WD, SSQA, Bobcat T190, Flail mower, Brushhog, Brushshark, Ratchet rake
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
Hi, I want to use a snow plow on my 2009 Kubota L4400 Hydrostatic. I have athe Skid Steer attachment steup. In the unlikely event I should decide to install this myself, what exactly do I need to buy to add the third function valve? How much of a job is it?
Thanks very much.
Not hard to install at all.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks very much.
If all you want is a lever valve its EZ-PZ and not expensive. This is a real directional control valve not a diverter and it operates independent of the loader valve:

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine
Not hard to install at all.

I ended up doing a lot of hunting, and ended up purchasing the kit from tractor innovations. I didn't realize until this morning this was the kit you mentioned. Upon reading the directions, there is a caveat/warning, regarding using the dump circuit for certain things like a snow plow. Apparently there is a "regenerative"type valve on many tractors, so that when you dump, (lever to the right) it applies juice to both cylinders. In the case of a snow plow, it angles left, but won't go back right. The apparent solution is to use a single, double acting cylinder. I need to know now, exactly what to buy and where. The vendor what responsive on the night I ordered the valve, but did not respond to my question last night.Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I ended up doing a lot of hunting, and ended up purchasing the kit from tractor innovations. I didn't realize until this morning this was the kit you mentioned. Upon reading the directions, there is a caveat/warning, regarding using the dump circuit for certain things like a snow plow. Apparently there is a "regenerative"type valve on many tractors, so that when you dump, (lever to the right) it applies juice to both cylinders. In the case of a snow plow, it angles left, but won't go back right. The apparent solution is to use a single, double acting cylinder. I need to know now, exactly what to buy and where. The vendor what responsive on the night I ordered the valve, but did not respond to my question last night.Thanks
Do you want to keep the Tractor Innovations setup or do you want to scrap it and start fresh?

If you are going to keep what you bought you are stuck with its limitations and you will have to modify your plow to work with their kit - e.g. replace the cylinders.

If you want to start over I would reccomend you replace the selector setup with a cheap single spool double acting directional control valve mounted next to the loader valve. It will work just fine with single acting or double acting snow plow cylinders as well as hydraulic motors. It is a real third function directional control valve not a manual diverter. It gives you 3 independent valves not one independent and one mutually exclusive shared valve. And you can do it for less than the cost of the Tractor Innovations kit..

Dan

Last edited:

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine
Do you want to keep the Tractor Innovations setup or do you want to scrap it and start fresh?

If you are going to keep what you bought you are stuck with its limitations and you will have to modify your plow to work with their kit - e.g. replace the cylinders.

If you want to start over I would reccomend you replace the selector setup with a cheap single spool double acting directional control valve mounted next to the loader valve. It will work just fine with single acting or double acting snow plow cylinders as well as hydraulic motors. It is a real third function directional control valve not a manual diverter. It gives you 3 independent valves not one independent and one mutually exclusive shared valve. And you can do it for less than the cost of the Tractor Innovations kit..

Dan
At this point I would like to keep what I have and buy a cylinder for the snow plow.

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine

Dan
My problem is that I am not patient. Circumstances have left me without a snow plow on my truck in mid November. I went to the link you provided for the EZ-PZ. Unfortunately there was no provision to order online , so I googled the description, and wound up on the tractor innovations site. I should have brought the tractor to the Kubota dealer and let them do it for $1800.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
I was in a situation similar to yours, not snow plow related, and decided to go another route, and our tractor is several hours away, thus this TI valve collecting dust.

Good luck as you proceed.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My problem is that I am not patient. Circumstances have left me without a snow plow on my truck in mid November. I went to the link you provided for the EZ-PZ. Unfortunately there was no provision to order online , so I googled the description, and wound up on the tractor innovations site. I should have brought the tractor to the Kubota dealer and let them do it for $1800.
There is no provision on my Website to order online because everything I do is made to order. There is a How To Order link there that would have put you in touch with me and got you what you wanted although maybe not as fast as Tractor Innovations. On the other hand it would have worked out of the box.

Is your plow going to work with one double acting cylinder in place of the two single acting cylinders?

Dan

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
There is no provision on my Website to order online because everything I do is made to order. There is a How To Order link there that would have put you in touch with me and got you what you wanted although maybe not as fast as Tractor Innovations. On the other hand it would have worked out of the box.

Is your plow going to work with one double acting cylinder in place of the two single acting cylinders?

Dan
For future reference, what is your website, if that is allowed here?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
For future reference, what is your website, if that is allowed here?
Thanks for the interest. As far as I know its allowed and I just added it to my profile:

Use the Products link in the navbar to get to the tractor stuff. Please keep in mind I am a retired Software Engineer that does this stuff as a hobby. I don't need the money so I work cheap but not necessarily fast. It's educational, keeps me entertained, and out of bars and brothels :rolleyes:

If you want to inquire about a product or service or just ask a private question PM me here, email me, or call my cell. Email address and cell number are on the Contact Us page of the website.

Dan

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
Thanks for the interest. As far as I know its allowed and I just added it to my profile:

Use the Products link in the navbar to get to the tractor stuff. Please keep in mind I am a retired Software Engineer that does this stuff as a hobby. I don't need the money so I work cheap but not necessarily fast. It's educational, keeps me entertained, and out of bars and brothels :rolleyes:

If you want to inquire about a product or service or just ask a private question PM me here, email me, or call my cell. Email address and cell number are on the Contact Us page of the website.

Dan
👍👍

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine

Dan
Thanks. I have saved the website, and will certainly contact you for future needs. A friend selected this
Cylinder for me. I have to pick up a couple of fittings, and hopefully it will work.

wng-2

Equipment
L4400
Apr 12, 2009
Berwick, Maine

Dan
I do want to buy this. The other setup is going to give me fits. My trctor is a a 2009 L 4400 Hydrostatic.