Thinking of upgrading to an L 4760

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The 60 series are nice, I have a 3560 and it is fine. No doubt nickel is thinking about the dpf filters which the new 60s have and the older 40s do not. I dont mind them, mine is 3 years old and has knock on wood been fine.

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
The 60 series are nice, I have a 3560 and it is fine. No doubt nickel is thinking about the dpf filters which the new 60s have and the older 40s do not. I dont mind them, mine is 3 years old and has knock on wood been fine.

Agreed. My L4760 is a 2014 with 1055 FEL and BH92 hoe. Absolutely flawless machine mechanically. I’ve added a few mods to it. Still want to add better grill guard and LEDs but more than that I’m looking into an aftermarket replacement for the factory seat. It’s great if you’re 5’8” but not so at 6’4”. Bottoms out easily and doesn’t provide enough northerly hip to foot room when body weight is in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
SheepFarmer was correct. I also don't get why for 5 extra HP you would go to that style motor. If you're actually farming, i.e. high RPM's, no problem with the '60. If you're running around doing odds and ends the '40 is better. You can run it at lower RPM's and leave it idling. Personally I'm on the minus side of 50% for farming with my L4740. Nope, not for sale.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I I have an L4060, coming up on 2 years, been rock solid, I do basic lifting, hay bale moving, grapple work, box blade work, occasional brush hogging, tiller work, post hole augering with FEL mounted auger. mine has the LA805 loader. I intend to get a BH for it soon....but I want/need a skid for serious loader work too, otherwise I'd have ordered a loaded out 6060 with backhoe and every accessory I could think of. yes, having a DPF might be a gamble, but in my 2 years it has only regenned a few times, and it is very simple and easy, no problems yet. I try to plan a brush hog period when I get close so I don't even know it's happening usually. my tractor idles or runs shortly off idle regularly.

Ptken

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota l4240,snowblower,box blade,rake,etc.
Jan 4, 2018
Newfane, Vt. U s a
Yes, need a warm cab at my age, here in Vt, had my 4240 for 8 years with no problems at all. in the 4760 I've been slightly reluctant about the burn filters and the loader lifts 100lbs less than my 4240. Appreciate your response , sorry for the delay, i'm new at this :)

Ptken

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 4, 2018
Newfane, Vt. U s a
Glad your happy with your 4760, you've helped me decide to move forward and purchase one. Appreciate your response, thanks ! (sorry for the delay in reply, i'm new at this )

Ptken

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 4, 2018
Newfane, Vt. U s a
Certainly gives me something to think about, thanks so much for your reply, appreciate it !

tdogg

Jan 8, 2018
West Rupert, VT
I'm also looking at the L4760 without the cab. FEL, 3rd function valve, grapple, bush hog. My property is steep. 12 acres of pasture, 40 acres of forest. Lots of clean up to do. I've been talking to a couple dealers in NY, VT, NH - what a headache.

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
I had a 4060 jumped to a 6060. I would highly recommend the 60. Better loader. Same size if you're worried about a bigger tractor.

I’m with you on that I was also looking at the other models on the L series including the 4760, but after the research was done, the L6060 is in the shop and ZERO buyers remorse at any level for the extra.
Good luck !!

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
Also decide whether you’ll have need for a third function control grapple, etc), before you leave the dealer with the rig. In the long run, the dealer installed work is cost effective and warranted. You can utilize the standard rear hydro outlets and run hoses to the front as a poor-boy alternative if you’re cash-strapped.

Js23nv

Equipment
BX1860
Apr 7, 2016
Owego NY
Goodrich Impliment in Johnson City NY. Excellent dealer, exclent customer service.

Agreed! I deal with their sister company, Goodrich Auction, in Newark Valley. Great dealer to buy and get service from.