thinking of buying a b2650..is it the right move?

dmbjohn

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC FEL60"SSQA ,LP 60" BB, HLA 42" forks, Ingersoll 4118 snowblower
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
thinking of buying a b2650..is it the right move?...waiting anxiously for arrival

so I've been mulling over the idea of buying a tractor, the B2650 seems to have what I'm looking for but I'd like to get a bit more input on the subject.

we have 2 acres in a rectangle shape.
what I'm looking to do with said tractor is regrade the drive way and put down some crushed asphalt, apx 350 feet... and then maintain it in the coming years.

pull a few shrubs out and level out some spots in the yard and clean up the prop a bit as there is a bunch of brush and a few fallen trees along with some larger trash items we just can't do by hand.

I'd like to have a cab with the heat and a/c as it would also get used in the winter to help with snow moving. we help out the neighbors occasionally. I do have a plow truck so a tractor would be the main device moving snow.

I'd welcome any input, been watching this forum a while and figured I'd finally ask for some advise.

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
so I've been mulling over the idea of buying a tractor, the B2650 seems to have what I'm looking for but I'd like to get a bit more input on the subject.

we have 2 acres in a rectangle shape.
what I'm looking to do with said tractor is regrade the drive way and put down some crushed asphalt, apx 350 feet... and then maintain it in the coming years.

pull a few shrubs out and level out some spots in the yard and clean up the prop a bit as there is a bunch of brush and a few fallen trees along with some larger trash items we just can't do by hand.

I'd like to have a cab with the heat and a/c as it would also get used in the winter to help with snow moving. we help out the neighbors occasionally. I do have a plow truck so a tractor would be the main device moving snow.

I'd welcome any input, been watching this forum a while and figured I'd finally ask for some advise.

Buying a B2650 is absolutely the right move for all of the things you have described. I bought my B2650 2yrs ago and have 490 hrs on it. I do all of my snow plowing with the loader, mow 1 1/2 acres around the house with my 60"mmm, mow 3 acres out back with my Land Pride 72" rear finish mower, rototilling with my 66" rototiller, box blade grading everything up. I have never run out of power doing any of these tasks, and the tractor has been flawless. And the couple years I have been on this forum, I have never heard anyone have a bad thing to say about the B2650. So there you have it. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC FEL60"SSQA ,LP 60" BB, HLA 42" forks, Ingersoll 4118 snowblower
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
Buying a B2650 is absolutely the right move for all of the things you have described. I bought my B2650 2yrs ago and have 490 hrs on it. I do all of my snow plowing with the loader, mow 1 1/2 acres around the house with my 60"mmm, mow 3 acres out back with my Land Pride 72" rear finish mower, rototilling with my 66" rototiller, box blade grading everything up. I have never run out of power doing any of these tasks, and the tractor has been flawless. And the couple years I have been on this forum, I have never heard anyone have a bad thing to say about the B2650. So there you have it. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
awesome, I'm looking to purchase with the FEL and ssqa 60" bucket and some sort of blade for the 3pt. not sure what to get in that department.. maybe a landscape rake and pallet forks too?

the larger trash items I eluded to are a couple old boats (falling apart) my father collected over the years in the 16' range, a boat cradle and some other miscellaneous stuff he collect from 25 years in the marina industry.

I've been wondering if I should shoot for the remote hydraulics, I wouldn't have a Use for them right off the bat but it would save from having to install them at a later date.

going to try and swing through one of the dealers near me tomorrow or saturday and get a few prices figured out.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like a good choice to me, I went with BX25D and it would also handle it. The new BX23S has a factory cab, don't think you can get the heat/air like the 2650. I have a steep hill so the BX and lower CG were a better choice, drove a 2650 and it was very nice.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with a Kubota!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
awesome, I'm looking to purchase with the FEL and ssqa 60" bucket and some sort of blade for the 3pt. not sure what to get in that department.. maybe a landscape rake and pallet forks too?

the larger trash items I eluded to are a couple old boats (falling apart) my father collected over the years in the 16' range, a boat cradle and some other miscellaneous stuff he collect from 25 years in the marina industry.

I've been wondering if I should shoot for the remote hydraulics, I wouldn't have a Use for them right off the bat but it would save from having to install them at a later date.

going to try and swing through one of the dealers near me tomorrow or saturday and get a few prices figured out.

I recommend getting the 60"SSQA bucket and pallet forks have alot of uses also. Probably could use them to help remove the trash on the property. Blade for the 3pt, depends on what you need, but for grading things up a box blade is pretty handy item. i would get the remote hydraulics also. Alot of uses for them like a grapple that you could really clean your property up with, and might get a good price on them worked in to the price of a new tractor. Good luck.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
I did look at the BX's pretty nice but the heated and a/c cab is defiantly a desired thing for me, we also have pretty flat land to work with.

as for the blade... I'll need to smooth out some larger dips in the driveway and want to prep an area for a gravel pad to put up a car port.

R4 or turfs? and should I load the tires or use a ballast box.. or some combination there of?

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I did look at the BX's pretty nice but the heated and a/c cab is defiantly a desired thing for me, we also have pretty flat land to work with.

as for the blade... I'll need to smooth out some larger dips in the driveway and want to prep an area for a gravel pad to put up a car port.

R4 or turfs? and should I load the tires or use a ballast box.. or some combination there of?
Box blade would work good for those areas. I went with turfs due to all of the mowing and better in the snow. I didnt load the tires due to not wanting all the weight for mowing in the spring, other wise I would have. I really like having a dedicated ballast box to do loader work at 650- 700lbs. It keeps the tractor planted no matter what I am doing. That way you are safe having enough ballast, instead of an implement on at say 400lbs.

View attachment 28754

Last edited:

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
Box blade would work good for those areas. I went with turfs due to all of the mowing and better in the snow. I didnt load the tires due to not wanting all the weight for mowing in the spring, other wise I would have. I really like having a dedicated ballast box to do loader work at 650- 700lbs. It keeps the tractor planted no matter what I am doing. That way you are safe having enough ballast, instead of an implement on at say 400lbs.

View attachment 28754
I noticed your box in another thread.. pretty sweet looking set up, I'll keep that in mind

mowing isn't much of an issue for me, we barely have enough grass to warrant a push mower, its mostly just tall trees other then what we recently had taken down, still gotta grind the stumps.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
well I took the plunge today with a dealer north of me. I went with the B2650HSDC, two rear remotes, 60" box blade, 42" pallet forks, rear work lights, and 60" ssqa loader and bucket. around 27k, and they are going to throw a radio in it too no charge. I ended up opting for the turf tires- loaded...should be here next week or early the week after. the excitement is building:D

Redtoorange

Equipment
B2650, BH77, 63" front mount snowblower, land pride bb,fel
Apr 7, 2017
Ont, Canada
Great deal, this is what the prices look like in Canada.
B2650HSD. 21150.10
LA534A & 60" Pin on bucket. 4860.15
BH77 w/ thumb. 11213.62
B2782B 63" Front mount SB. 6618.53
Total equipment 44092.40
Tax @ 15%. 6738.60

Cab would have been just under 12000 plus.(for some reason, just couldn't do it??)
Rob.

[emoji37][emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
well I took the plunge today with a dealer north of me. I went with the B2650HSDC, two rear remotes, 60" box blade, 42" pallet forks, rear work lights, and 60" ssqa loader and bucket. around 27k, and they are going to throw a radio in it too no charge. I ended up opting for the turf tires- loaded...should be here next week or early the week after. the excitement is building:D
Congratulations on your new tractor!! You got it set up really well with alot of good accessories. You will have alot of fun getting things done with that set up. Nicely done. Price seems good also.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
so this arrived today, needless to say I'm excited :D

b12

Dec 8, 2009
Maine
Congratulations on your new tractor.
I think you made a wise choice selecting a B series Kubota. I've had my B7800 since 2005 and it's always performed flawlessly.

Along with loaded rear tires for your B2650, are you also adding wheel weights ?
From your photo, I noticed what appears to be wheel weights on the pallet next to your garage.
The reason I ask, I've been trying to find rear wheel weights for my B7800 and would be interested in any information on how to obtain a set.

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
Congratulations on your new tractor.
I think you made a wise choice selecting a B series Kubota. I've had my B7800 since 2005 and it's always performed flawlessly.

Along with loaded rear tires for your B2650, are you also adding wheel weights ?
From your photo, I noticed what appears to be wheel weights on the pallet next to your garage.
The reason I ask, I've been trying to find rear wheel weights for my B7800 and would be interested in any information on how to obtain a set.
the weights are for the Ingersoll in the background, need to tube the tires and work on the hydraulics for it though before it gets put back together.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Re: thinking of buying a b2650..is it the right move?...waiting anxiously for arrival

I see rear hydraulic ports on the back. Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmbjohn

Equipment
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
Re: thinking of buying a b2650..is it the right move?...waiting anxiously for arrival

I see rear hydraulic ports on the back. Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indeed you do, the plan is to add top and tilt in the future.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Good call on the 2 rear remotes. That is something I have been researching through aftermarket hydraulic sites, and I am going to add 2 rear remotes to mine myself in the near future also for top and tilt or whatever.