Thinking about Trading a MMM for a Rear Finish

kcw12

Equipment
B7100HST-D
May 21, 2013
Eckerty IN
I have a b7100 with a 60 inch Mid mount mower. Mower works awesome, but is a bear to get off. I use this tractor to pull plows, discs, logs. use a blade, box blade, or do any job I need it to do.

When doing some of the jobs, that stupid under carriage gets caught on things, and these isn't a good way to lock in place.

Anyone else in this same situation?

What would my mower be worth, its in fair-good condition? Recommendations on a rear finish mower? I had a caroni on a old 8n that I got rid of.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have a L3700SU and a 6' finish mower and love it. A MMM is not a option on the L series so I have no experience with the style mower you have.

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
The rear mount mower would be easier to slip on and off so the tractor could do other chores. Iron pony is right, the front end is on the light side. If you had a front end loader attached or weights on the front end it does get to be more manageable depending on the weight of the mower. The lighter the mower the better. I recently bought a woods rd60. It weighs just over 500 pounds. With no added weight it is so light that with the mower raised I can pick up the front end of the tractor with just 2 fingers at the weight bracket. The new mower follows the ground just as good as the mid mount. My old woods rm59 was lighter and didn't need much added weight and didn't follow the ground anywhere close to the newer design mower. If you do go this route, the lighter the mower the better and a mower with independent lower and upper links will give you the better cut. It does take some getting used to switching from a mid mount to a rear mount. It takes more room to turn around and cutting closer to things takes a little more practice.

kcw12

Equipment
B7100HST-D
May 21, 2013
Eckerty IN
I used to mow with a 8n ford and mower, So I am used to that part of it. Sounds like I will stick with my mid mount mower, and try to find a way to make it easy for to slip it on and off.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
If you're going to take the mower on and off continuously you might as well get the mower that's the easiest to take on and off. Rear mount, no question

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
When doing some of the jobs, that stupid under carriage gets caught on things, and these isn't a good way to lock in place.

of.

If you decide to keep the mid-Mount mower it would be in your best interest to have some kind of bracing system installed. This will you lock everything up nice and tight and hopefully won't catch on things when you're using your rear mount implements.