The Kubota L2502 I ordered has arrived at home

sumking

Equipment
kubota L2502-526, RTR1250tiller, sgc0660 grapple, Box Scraper, Landscape Rake,
Nov 4, 2023
canada
[/QUOTE]
I would think the newer model should burn even cleaner. It was around 40 when I tested the L2502 and I was very surprised how much it missed and smoked on start up. I have't been able to find any specs on the L2502 engine.
It’s 40 seconds, blue smoke, the smoke after 40 seconds is not very obvious. I also saw the same situation on L2502 on YouTube, but after these engines are completely hot, there is no longer any smoke. I don’t know what is wrong with the new engine .

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thanks for the reply, is your 2501 smoke white or blue?

The temperature at that time was 40,

You observed it very carefully, it was indeed 7 seconds.
I would classify it as dark blue/blackish I suppose......just for a few seconds then she smooth out real nice.

It has never made me concerned though.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
My 2502 is about a month old and even on 35 degree days, it starts up with very little smoke and clears up almost immediately

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good, remember she is new, things need to break in and for gawds sake dont baby her!
Use it. dont load the motor ,meaning dont be afraid to use higher RPM than you think you need. Play with her, get use to it, you will get to know what it likes and doesn't. Most importantly what ever you do think it through, and then think it through again before you start. That bucket will make things a little unstable if you have it filled and up high and try to drive around. Slow and easy, and you will be fine, and if after a week or so, you still feel like it aint right, call your dealer . And welcome to the orange

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
First of all, I want to say that a responsible dealer is very important.
This was also the time when I was hesitant. I saw that the local JD dealer had a 3-star Google rating and kubota had 4.5 stars, which confirmed my decision to choose kubota.

But another factor in choosing kubota is reliability,
As for my new tractor developing a manufacturing defect on day one,
I don't know what to say now.

One can only believe that the new model may need some technical improvements.

OK, my dealer received my fault message. They contacted the headquarters that day. (Maybe our dealer was selling this model for the first time). They replied to me that day and told me that the fault was caused by a defective fuel pump. , (Headquarters knew the cause of the failure without having any contact with the tractor).
Arrangements could be made to have my tractor shipped back to the dealer for repairs immediately. Three days later, yesterday, the repaired tractor was delivered to my home.

After testing, the tractor now smokes during cold start for about 15 seconds, which is within the acceptable range.
So far, I am very satisfied with the dealer's work.

However, I have another doubt,
A brand new tractor needs to have its engine repaired on the first day of purchase. Can the performance and reliability of the repaired engine meet Kubota's factory requirements?
On the other hand, because Kubota's engine looks like it was assembled and then painted as a whole. The unrepaired one looks very complete, but now, a large number of screw disassembly marks make the engine look dilapidated. I am very frustrated.
Under this situation, as a consumer, can I make some reasonable requests to Kubota? For example: return, exchange, free repair credit, extended warranty, etc. I don’t know which one is more reasonable.

My English is not good, I hope everyone can understand.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The unrepaired one looks very complete, but now, a large number of screw disassembly marks make the engine look dilapidated. I am very frustrated.
Thanks for following up with the fix.

If you maintain your tractor, there will be more parts that are missing paint. I guess you could trade every time your tractor needs maintenance. Otherwise, chill a bit or buy touch up paint.

Reactions: 1 users

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
Please watch this video,

Two L2502, the one on the left is in exactly the same condition as mine, and the same condition as the other two buddies here. It smokes for about 50 seconds during cold start.
In addition, Kubota headquarters knew the cause of the failure without seeing the tractor.
To sum up, I think Kubota already knows that this is not an isolated case.

Reactions: 1 user

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
My little B2601 loves the glow plugs. She'll fire right up without them, but runs dirty black smoke for a minute without them. More or less depending on temperature. My Dad's old Yanmar, 1980ish I still run, has a sticker that says warm up at 1500 rpms for 5 minutes before getting after it. I do the same for the little B.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Agreed, that duration of smoking and rough idle are not what I’d expect from a new Kubota. Neither. Of my Kubota tractors did anything like that when new or any other time.

It is disappointing the Kubota is shipping these L2502s to dealers with an apparently somewhat known defect and having the dealer address it when the customer complains. Not to uncommon in todays world anymore.

The broken paint does make it look a bit worked over. The item with the hex in the picture (a sensor?) with the paint chipped off looks like a set of water pump pliers rather than an open ended wrench was used to remove it. I really don’t think you’ll get any satisfaction on that front. At least it’s (probably) fixed. You’re energy is probably better spent using the equipment and fixating on some scratched up engine paint.

As to busting up the paint seal with normal maintenance, sure that will happen, but not on anything in the pictures. The engine oil filter and hydraulic filters will likely be painted on. The oils drain bolts will be too. Other than that, even my 17 year old machine doesn’t look roughed up under the hood.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Paint off bolts isn't a reason to require replacement or remedy. Touch up paint if you care. But realistically it's a tractor, you need to use it a bit more then it'll have scratches, and you'll worry less.

I was like you for the first year. Then I got used to it.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
"Under this situation, as a consumer, can I make some reasonable requests to Kubota? For example: return, exchange, free repair credit, extended warranty, etc. I don’t know which one is more reasonable."

Really? You want to exchange your tractor because the bolts paint is scratched???
I dont think you have any chance of making any reasonable requests because the paint is scratched off the bolts of the replaced part! At most maybe the dealer will give you a can of touch up paint!

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I stopped watching this thread when it went full on about asphalt driveways. Boring. Like watching paint dry.
Anyway,
I guess it's back in initial form with fuel pump failure on the brand new L2502's?
What??!!

And...
Scratched paint on a tractor is like instant credibility. Enjoy it. You barely earned it.

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
It's disappointing to buy something new and have a problem right out of the gate. I bought a new 2023 Silverado 1500 with the Duramax a month ago. Drove it home and the DEF warning shows up on the display. I'm like WTF...did the dealer forget to fill it. Got home, when out and bought a jug, and filled it. Next day...same warning!!! The short of it is...the DEF hose wasn't connected properly at the factory, and it was pissing it out. Dealer took care of it that day. SH!T HAPPENS...unfortunate, but it's just the way it is these days.

Main thing is..it was fixed and life goes on!!! With a tractor you better get use to a little missing paint here and there on a "tool" that gets used the way a tractor does. Hopefully you're not one of those guys that has to keep his bucket painted!!!! ;)

Use it and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thanks for the update man!

I do know where your coming from in regard to the "new tractor feeling" and I understand the slightly disappointed feeling.

I've work at a few new car dealerships and trust me, there are tons of "new cars" that get fixed every day.

They are machines and occasionally these things happen, even to the best made machines.

My advice is don't sweat it.

Kubota took care of the problem, so get a can of touch up paint, and drive it like you stole it!

Just wait till a stick knocks off your fuel filter, or you jam a stick through your radiator, or you tilt your bucket back too far and a brick smashes your hood.............Trust me, you won't even remember the 4 bolts that are scratched.

Reactions: 4 users

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
Agreed, that duration of smoking and rough idle are not what I’d expect from a new Kubota. Neither. Of my Kubota tractors did anything like that when new or any other time.

It is disappointing the Kubota is shipping these L2502s to dealers with an apparently somewhat known defect and having the dealer address it when the customer complains. Not to uncommon in todays world anymore.

The broken paint does make it look a bit worked over. The item with the hex in the picture (a sensor?) with the paint chipped off looks like a set of water pump pliers rather than an open ended wrench was used to remove it. I really don’t think you’ll get any satisfaction on that front. At least it’s (probably) fixed. You’re energy is probably better spent using the equipment and fixating on some scratched up engine paint.

As to busting up the paint seal with normal maintenance, sure that will happen, but not on anything in the pictures. The engine oil filter and hydraulic filters will likely be painted on. The oils drain bolts will be too. Other than that, even my 17 year old machine doesn’t look roughed up under the hood.
Yes, although it was my first time to come into contact with a diesel engine, I also knew that those parts were not for normal maintenance. In fact, the screws that had been removed were not just the ones in the picture, there were at least a dozen. It turns out that the fuel pump of the diesel engine is so large that some The parts were disassembled a bit roughly.

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
Paint off bolts isn't a reason to require replacement or remedy. Touch up paint if you care. But realistically it's a tractor, you need to use it a bit more then it'll have scratches, and you'll worry less.

I was like you for the first year. Then I got used to it.
I completely agree with this, not only in the first year, but also in the first month, :)

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
It's disappointing to buy something new and have a problem right out of the gate. I bought a new 2023 Silverado 1500 with the Duramax a month ago. Drove it home and the DEF warning shows up on the display. I'm like WTF...did the dealer forget to fill it. Got home, when out and bought a jug, and filled it. Next day...same warning!!! The short of it is...the DEF hose wasn't connected properly at the factory, and it was pissing it out. Dealer took care of it that day. SH!T HAPPENS...unfortunate, but it's just the way it is these days.

Main thing is..it was fixed and life goes on!!! With a tractor you better get use to a little missing paint here and there on a "tool" that gets used the way a tractor does. Hopefully you're not one of those guys that has to keep his bucket painted!!!! ;)

Use it and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!
I am indeed very disappointed. I have never had any problems with any of my cars, motorcycles or equipment with engines when they were new. I just often hear about other people's news. Now it finally happened to me.
Yes, the most important thing is that it has been fixed, otherwise my focus now would probably be on when it will be fixed

sumking

Equipment
Nov 4, 2023
canada
Just wait till a stick knocks off your fuel filter, or you jam a stick through your radiator, or you tilt your bucket back too far and a brick smashes your hood.............Trust me, you won't even remember the 4 bolts that are scratched.
Your words are like a powerful shot in the arm :cry:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Since my house has a gravel driveway, my wife originally planned to build an asphalt driveway at a high cost.
I successfully convinced my wife to use the money from the asphalt driveway to buy a tractor for annual maintenance of the gravel driveway.

I just started studying 3025E and L2501, and then L2502. After 2 months of studying in this forum, I gained a lot. After waiting for another 1 month, my Kubota L2502 finally arrived home. This is my first diesel equipment. . Feel the charm of diesel engine for the first time.

So far, I have been running a test run for one day. What I don’t understand is that there is a lot of smoke during cold start. It looks like light blue smoke. After about 1 minute, it becomes less obvious. If it is a gasoline engine, the blue smoke means burning oil. . is not normal, for a diesel engine, is this normal?
Should have listened to the wife - 20 plus years of no mud, no dust, no rock purchases, and no grading. Paving my 2000 foot driveway after 10 years of grading and washouts was one of the best investments I ever made.

Once the asphalt is laid you tell her you need an L3902 for snow removal. They have an exhaust DPF and don't smoke hot or cold. :devilish:

Dan

Last edited: