The Kubota L2502 I ordered has arrived at home

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In fact, I am more concerned about the reliability after repair than the traces of repair. This is my first time contacting diesel engines. I have always heard from my elders that Japanese engines are very sophisticated. A repaired engine will never be as good as before.
The green area in the picture, this large area has basically been disassembled, but it does not belong to the cylinder part of the engine. It is a large component installed on the side of the cylinder. Is this the fuel pump assembly? View attachment 115968
Take it back - its junk.

You bought a newly designed machine in the first model year sold. Expect some bugs requiring dealer field changes during warranty. That's why Kubota gives you a warranty and hopefully you paid for the optional insurance,.

Dan

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
On the other hand, because Kubota's engine looks like it was assembled and then painted as a whole. The unrepaired one looks very complete, but now, a large number of screw disassembly marks make the engine look dilapidated. I am very frustrated.
Under this situation, as a consumer, can I make some reasonable requests to Kubota? For example: return, exchange, free repair credit, extended warranty, etc. I don’t know which one is more reasonable.
I don’t know if you’ll have much luck getting anything for the scratched paint, beyond some free Kubota touch up paint.

But I understand where you’re coming from. All that scratched paint would bother me, too. I get other folks point, it’s a tool, and only a matter of time before that paint comes off. And if it were me I’d try to let it go and be okay with it. But it would still bother me a little.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
A repaired engine will never be as good as before.
That doesn't make a lot of sense given your circumstances. It smoked a lot more before and smokes less now. It seems the engine is "better".

Most of the engine was not touched. Those parts should be just as good as before. Only the changed parts have potential to be worse.

Finally, if you look into the history of that engine, it's not one of the more complicated newer engines. In fact, the opposite is the case.

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Your engine was not repaired!!!
You just had your fuel pump replaced! Sheesh!

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
First of all, I want to say that a responsible dealer is very important.
This was also the time when I was hesitant. I saw that the local JD dealer had a 3-star Google rating and kubota had 4.5 stars, which confirmed my decision to choose kubota.

But another factor in choosing kubota is reliability,
As for my new tractor developing a manufacturing defect on day one,
I don't know what to say now.

One can only believe that the new model may need some technical improvements.

OK, my dealer received my fault message. They contacted the headquarters that day. (Maybe our dealer was selling this model for the first time). They replied to me that day and told me that the fault was caused by a defective fuel pump. , (Headquarters knew the cause of the failure without having any contact with the tractor).
Arrangements could be made to have my tractor shipped back to the dealer for repairs immediately. Three days later, yesterday, the repaired tractor was delivered to my home.

After testing, the tractor now smokes during cold start for about 15 seconds, which is within the acceptable range.
So far, I am very satisfied with the dealer's work.

However, I have another doubt,
A brand new tractor needs to have its engine repaired on the first day of purchase. Can the performance and reliability of the repaired engine meet Kubota's factory requirements?
On the other hand, because Kubota's engine looks like it was assembled and then painted as a whole. The unrepaired one looks very complete, but now, a large number of screw disassembly marks make the engine look dilapidated. I am very frustrated.
Under this situation, as a consumer, can I make some reasonable requests to Kubota? For example: return, exchange, free repair credit, extended warranty, etc. I don’t know which one is more reasonable.

My English is not good, I hope everyone can understand.

Your english is very good. Better than some folks who have been speaking it since they could speak or attempt to write. You've probably seen some of the posts on here.

Some brand-new posts like: "mines Caboto traktor wonnt start pleez help"

Anyway, I think your Kubota will show it's bugs and you'll be happy with it. Kubota has a reputation of quality. Just try not to buy the first year version of any vehicle. I would have bought the L2502 over the L2501 if I was shopping for a L2501. But I wouldn't have if I knew that the L2502 had a newly designed engine.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Really sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the 2502. I just purchased a 2502 in September and so far, it's been trouble free. It just lets out a tiny puff of smoke when first started and that's it. I know they had some issues with the fuel pump on the 2501 and that was one of the components they changed on the 2502. The 2501 and 2502 share the same engine, just with some different components so hopefully you will have many years of trouble free use from here on out. Good luck!
I will definitely be keeping an eye on my tractor now for possible signs of fuel pump issues....