kubotan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350C, FEL, Pallet fork, Backhoe, Back snowblower, Rear Mower, Box scrapper
Apr 20, 2017
St-Jerome, QC, Canada
jorush.ca
Hi, I just signed for a 2017 KX-080 that I'll get somewhere in April. :D

I was wondering if anybody had comments or advice about it.

It'll have

- Wide steel tracks
- Counter weight
- Demo cage
- 18" and 36" buckets
- 54" grading bucket
- frost ripper
- Hydraulic quick coupler
- Thumb
- Aux hydraulic

I'll look into a tilt-rotator like an engcon and a leveling/guiding system like the GeoMax EzDig. Any thought on those?

This is the one the dealer let me play with before I buy one...

Cheers!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welll DAYUM son that is sweet !!!! My self it would take all of about 15 minuets before I had holes dug all over the place just so I could fill em back in :D

kubotan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
St-Jerome, QC, Canada
jorush.ca
Welll DAYUM son that is sweet !!!! My self it would take all of about 15 minuets before I had holes dug all over the place just so I could fill em back in :D
Well... I... Dug... And... I... Filled... Mmmm... And started all over again... They shouldn't let me this toy in the first place... :D

Best 8 machine hours I had for a long time! (Since I had my B3350 back in May ;) )

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
great gooogly mooogly. here I am hoping I can afford to get a U25 in the next year or 2, or save up and get a 35.....I'm not a doomsday prepper or anything, but I would have one kick ass underground bunker setup if I had that puppy around for more than a day. lol.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
As most people on here know I am a retired heavy equipment operator. Started running equipment at an early age, and was in the operating engineers for 36 yrs. I have run every size of excavator from a little 3 ft wide one at a nuclear power plant to a Komatsu 400 digging sewers 25-30 ft deep or loading 30 ton off road trucks. A year ago I was running a similar Kobelco 80 for a company, and they had to take the machine to another job, so they brought out a rented new Kubota KX080. My favorite excavator up until that time was the Komatsu PC88 in that size of excavator, and have spent thousands of hours running, and is a great machine. I ran the Kubota KX080 for a week. I was amazed at how fast, smooth, and powerful the hydraulics were on the machine. By far and away, the best machine in that class of excavators. It had a great cab and great visibilty. Very comfortable. Also the one I ran had a hydraulic front angle blade for backfilling ditches or what ever, that I have never seen on a mini excavator. You definitely have a winner there, and the hydraulic quick coupler is a must. If I was ever going to buy a machine to go into business now, the KX080 would be the one. But I dont want to work that hard any more!! Haha.

kubotan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
St-Jerome, QC, Canada
jorush.ca
@rkidd I totally agree. The first thing I noticed is how precise and smooth the controls are.