That uneasy feeling?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
As others have expressed, don't ever get comfortable or complacent, always be aware of tractor and conditions.
Yes, I’m lucky to have bought at least an L. All due to a lot of research before buying.

The post was more about no longer feeling really uneasy compared to just being careful and safe that I am now.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had my BX for 17 years, and never felt uneasy using it on the property, however, my new BX23S scares the living daylights out of me. It doesn't feel as stable as the old tractor, and they are both equipped with loaded rear tires, and turf tires. What I don't like the most about the new tractor, is that on the old tractor, I could idle it down to around 600 RPM, and the new one will not drop below 1500 RPM. Kubota even installed a lead seal on the idle adjustment, and the dealer told me that if I remove the seal, it will invalidate my engine warranty. If I hadn't already sold my old tractor, I would have sold my new one already. That is how much it scares me.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I had my BX for 17 years, and never felt uneasy using it on the property, however, my new BX23S scares the living daylights out of me. It doesn't feel as stable as the old tractor, and they are both equipped with loaded rear tires, and turf tires. What I don't like the most about the new tractor, is that on the old tractor, I could idle it down to around 600 RPM, and the new one will not drop below 1500 RPM. Kubota even installed a lead seal on the idle adjustment, and the dealer told me that if I remove the seal, it will invalidate my engine warranty. If I hadn't already sold my old tractor, I would have sold my new one already. That is how much it scares me.
Change is hard. Forget the old and embrace the new. Remember you can always put it in low range and creep along. Stop listening to the sound of the engine. It will drive like the BX.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Rolling over sideways is one thing... Another issue is driving up and down steep slopes.
If heading UP a steep slope you can Flip the front of the tractor over on top of you if you get too aggressive with the tkhrottle (or the clutch on a geared tranny).
If needing to go up a very steep slope..... you might consider BACKING it up rather than forward.