Telescoping 3 Point Stabilizer Kit for BX tractors

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Since I've seen several complaints about the standard turnbuckle lower stabilizers for BX tractors recently, I just received a notice that there is an upgrade kit available. Perhaps, there are some folks on here that would be interested.

I had trouble in the past with mine on an older model BX23. I had to replace the hardware a few times. These would make hooking up much faster and eliminate sway/spreading of three point hitch. I have the same type of telescoping stabilizers on my B2650. They work great.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Messick posted a video on this today

I'm old school, a QH and the stabilizers are a set it and forget operation

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
REinventing the wheel. This modification was pointed out on TBN more than 15 years ago. The only thing that has changed, is that it is ready to bolt on. Here is the old link on TBN (if allowed). There are 2 posts that I found, the original one that discusses thei modification, and one made by Milkman that shows a further adjustment / modification of the original modification.

Milkman's modification.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/stabilizer-links-on-bx2200.47770/

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since I've seen several complaints about the standard turnbuckle lower stabilizers for BX tractors recently, I just received a notice that there is an upgrade kit available. Perhaps, there are some folks on here that would be interested.

I had trouble in the past with mine on an older model BX23. I had to replace the hardware a few times. These would make hooking up much faster and eliminate sway/spreading of three point hitch. I have the same type of telescoping stabilizers on my B2650. They work great.

Unlike DustyRusty, I do not think you are reinventing the wheel. Nice of you to post the link for those who might want a turn key solution. I have those style adjusters on my B2910. I like them.

I resorted to using chains on my BX in place of the turnbuckles, which were a pain. Chains give a lot of slop, more than the adjusters in your link. And turnbuckles allow eliminating almost all slop. I guess it depends on one's need and/or desires.

Reactions: 1 users

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Also available for the L series - This is the best upgrade that I did to my L series tractors

Telescopic Stabilizer Kit, Part # L8430

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
FYI. Only way to get a shipping quote to Canada is to go through the purchase process online and wait for Messicks to call/email the price.

SyNtAxx

Equipment
Kubota BX25D-1 TLBM + Woods RB60 Blade + Grass Catcher
Oct 27, 2015
Kennett Square
I placed an order for these before the video even finished yesterday....Messicks isn't far from me so they'll be here today. I'm pretty excited about not having to bitch and wrestle with the bagger adjustments always coming loose and swaying.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Talked to my local dealer they are going to order some in using the dealer network!!

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
I can't imagine trying to use a tractor with those turnbuckles. Even my old, old, Ford had a pin to pop and swing out (no real adjustment, but you could swing it out to hitch up).

FYI. Only way to get a shipping quote to Canada is to go through the purchase process online and wait for Messicks to call/email the price.
I placed an order for these before the video even finished yesterday....Messicks isn't far from me so they'll be here today. I'm pretty excited about not having to bitch and wrestle with the bagger adjustments always coming loose and swaying.

Maybe you could mail some to Canada as a side hustle?

Reactions: 1 users

Bogey

Equipment
BX2380, 60MMM, 344FEL, SSQA Bucket, SSQA Forks, LP RB0560 Blade
Mar 7, 2021
Ontario
Could you take some measurements of the hole center to center spacing for the outer tube and the inner flat bar. I have some materials in the garage and I think I'm going to fabricate my own, just need the spacing the get the infinite adjustability. Getting those delivered to Canada will be between $300 and $350 (exchange rate, international shipping, 13% ontario tax, import fees).

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I ordered and received them. Haven't installed yet. Observations:

1. The bag they used to hold the pins and cotter pins broke open during shipment. They should use a heavier duty bag. Didn't lose anything though.

2. I would think that the adjustment pins should have spring loaded detents on the end instead of using a hitch clip. Since I've never used them, maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like it would be more convenient and less likely to lose the clips. I wouldn't have to find the holes underneath the bars either.

3. In the video he made a 'big' deal about no weld spatter. Well one of the holes has weld spatter and the pin won't fit. I mean easy enough to drill out, just sayin'

They look very well made.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I ordered and received them. Haven't installed yet. Observations:
. . .
2. I would think that the adjustment pins should have spring loaded detents on the end instead of using a hitch clip. Since I've never used them, maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like it would be more convenient and less likely to lose the clips. I wouldn't have to find the holes underneath the bars either.
. . .
Yesterday I installed the L8430 kit on my L3800. I have the same issue with the hitch clips. Even if it wasn't cold out my fat fingers would find a way to lose them out in the field. Today I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver this:
1615136855949.png

Got to love Amazon :)
1615142402396.png

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Mine came from the factor with simple pins about 2.5 inches long, and in almost 20 years I only lost one, and I don't think it was lost during use, but rather that I dropped it or somehow lost it myself.

So I am not sure being able to clip them in place is worth worrying about...

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Hi Bogey, nice build! You might want to post this in the fabrication section as well.

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Talked to my local dealer they are going to order some in using the dealer network!!
Crash, how do you like them? and if you don't mind, what was the cost in Canada? i'll have to order a set as well.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Crash, how do you like them? and if you don't mind, what was the cost in Canada? i'll have to order a set as well.
Sorry I forgot to update my post. The Canadian dealer can’t just order them through the dealer network, they are only sold as a messicks part. I decided to just put a QH05 on the back instead. I did show them to a buddy of mine and he said this winter when it’s not too busy we may try to make a set and see how it goes.

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Sorry I forgot to update my post. The Canadian dealer can’t just order them through the dealer network, they are only sold as a messicks part. I decided to just put a QH05 on the back instead. I did show them to a buddy of mine and he said this winter when it’s not too busy we may try to make a set and see how it goes.
Thanks for the update... I sent https://tractorattachments.ca/ an email to see if they will be making any in Canada.

UPDATE… After 2 months, Tractor Attachments never did get back to me :(

Last edited: