Synthetic Oil for Kubota

Porkchopx

Equipment
Grey B5001D with loader
Dec 6, 2009
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
I run XD35W40 synthetic in my Dodge diesel year round with excelent results. I also have a 4L jug of 0W40 Polar Plus (UFA) synthetic collecting dust. Any thoughts or concerns about changing my little B5001 to synthetic oil? It would definitely help when cold starting but this is an older unit and I don't want my main seals to start to leak. Stick with the dino lube or go with the synthetic?

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I used to think the same about leaking seals with the non dino juice, but I think it was pure rumor. To my knowledge it was never proven in any reasonable scientific study. I switched to the synthetic in my B8200, and it seems to like it just fine.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I have used either Rotella or Mobile 1 in my Kubota gray and it works fine with either oil. Just remember that you still need to do regular maintenance and I have had no seal leaks with the Mobile 1.

Porkchopx

Equipment
Grey B5001D with loader
Dec 6, 2009
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Thanks for the info guys. The Polar Plus 0W40 going in with a new filter. I'm installing a 1000 CCA battery and doing some other maintenace this weekend. I have this urge to change the TDH fluid as well. I've never looked at the hydraulic filter and I doubt the previous owner did either. The TDH fluid looks very clean and the hydraulics work fine but I want to do it. Any tips to do this on a B5100dx?