SVL95-2s hydraulic issue

FatHead

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Aug 15, 2018
Powell, TN
Hello Orange Tractor folks. I recently bought a new 2018 SVL95-2s track loader for forestry mulching. I now have 125 hours on the machine. I have completed the maintenance as stated in the owners manual. Im now having an issue when the high pressure is in use with the mulcher the lift will not go up. I can shut down the mulcher and the lift works as should. Is there something I can do/check to find the problem? I talked to my dealer which said to bring it in but hate to loose 3 or 4 days of work if its a simple fix.
Thanks for any advice.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Are you talking high pressure, or high flow?
Do you have selectable flow rates to your auxiliaries?
Do you have flow specs of your machine and flow specs of your mulcher?

Hogtracker

Equipment
SVL 95-2s 2018
Dec 12, 2018
Canada
I have a 2018 SVL95 I also use for mulching with a disc mulcher. I also have high flow hydraulic troubles. I posted on this forum under SVL95-2s fluctuating hydraulic power or something like that. I can***8217;t seem to find my post easily but I am new to this forum.

My issue is slightly different with intermittent loss of power when running high flow to the cutter head. Dealer had tested flows and pressures without an obvious poor result. They are stumped. When I did the service on the hydraulic fluid and in tank filters there were a few large filings on the suction filter, I attributed that to being from new cleaning out material from building of the machine. Still not solved anyway.

There is a main valve bank that might be giving your machine trouble. Hopefully your dealer can test each bank for flow and pressure. But it***8217;s not as easy as it sounds to find I think. Unfortunately you will likely have to take it in. I know it sucks a guy has all new equipment and then experiences down time and lots of maintenance. I***8217;m at 400 hrs and have spent lots of days in shop. I love the machine but might have to turn yellow.

Let us know what you come up with.

Reef coast

Equipment
Svl95-2s
Mar 28, 2019
Australia
Hi mate

Yes have had same issue, I use my machine in forestry high flow rotary mulcher and rotary axe, was all good for 300 hrs then the exact same problem, it is the spool valves in the hydraulic bank, only happens to people using high flow for large amounts of time, changed out hydraulic bank and put different spool valves in fixed the problem, changed the aspect of the machine and temps Whent up a bit but fixed the problem (definitely a warranty claim)

jay3464

Oct 15, 2019
crosby
mine is doing the same thing urs is i have 280hrs on mine. mulching head not proforming like it used to. any info would help thanks

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If you've had high flow ADDED to your SVL, it also needs an oil cooler to be added. I can't confirm if the factory-installed high-flow has the big oil cooler. If not, it should be installed.

As for the issue, I'm not "that" familiar with the SVL's, but I'm sure needing to learn!

jay3464

Oct 15, 2019
crosby
hello i already added a oil cooler to the top of the cab thinking it was the problem oil getting to hot and not doing it job. its still runs the same i go to mulch a 1 inch diamiter tree and not even half way down it will stall and stop spining.

nhare

Equipment
Kubota SVL95-2S
Apr 8, 2021
North Carolina
Hello Orange Tractor folks. I recently bought a new 2018 SVL95-2s track loader for forestry mulching. I now have 125 hours on the machine. I have completed the maintenance as stated in the owners manual. Im now having an issue when the high pressure is in use with the mulcher the lift will not go up. I can shut down the mulcher and the lift works as should. Is there something I can do/check to find the problem? I talked to my dealer which said to bring it in but hate to loose 3 or 4 days of work if its a simple fix.
Thanks for any advice.
I know this is old, but were you ever successful in finding the issue? I've scoured the internet and this is the only thing I could find with the exact same issue. Every dealer around me is several weeks out from even being able to look at it, so I hate to be down for weeks, if not a month. Any advice is extremely appreciated! P.S. new to the forum but it's already been extremely helpful.

Hard_Yakka

Equipment
M125, 6040, 8500N, 3900, KX57, SLV95, RVT1020(2) RTV 900
May 22, 2021
Oregon
I know this is old, but were you ever successful in finding the issue? I've scoured the internet and this is the only thing I could find with the exact same issue. Every dealer around me is several weeks out from even being able to look at it, so I hate to be down for weeks, if not a month. Any advice is extremely appreciated! P.S. new to the forum but it's already been extremely helpful.
The main hydraulic switch is the problem, it's a warranty, if you still have one, issue. They had to replace mine and now it only interrupts the flow temporarily but generates a lot more engine heat. The replacement switch is still poor.

Gov

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Aug 25, 2021
Mississippi
Hi Folks,

I have a SVL95-2s bought new in 2017. I have about 350 hours on my machine as I only use it on my farm, personal use. I do use a brushcutter to clear privitte and small trees. I am having the same lift issue when I am cutting. My dealer wants to charge me 6500 DOLLARS to change one of the Hydraulic Pumps. Of course they had my machine for about a month trying to figure out the issue. Reef Coast says it's the Hydraulic Spool Bank. Anyone can elaborate on this??

Gov

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Aug 25, 2021
Mississippi
Hi mate

Yes have had same issue, I use my machine in forestry high flow rotary mulcher and rotary axe, was all good for 300 hrs then the exact same problem, it is the spool valves in the hydraulic bank, only happens to people using high flow for large amounts of time, changed out hydraulic bank and put different spool valves in fixed the problem, changed the aspect of the machine and temps Whent up a bit but fixed the problem (definitely a warranty claim)
Can you elaborate on the spool valves? What and where?

Gov

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Aug 25, 2021
Mississippi
Looking into this issue myself.

Gov

nhare

Equipment
Kubota SVL95-2S
Apr 8, 2021
North Carolina
Looking into this issue myself.

Gov
I also took mine to a dealership that didn't touch it for a month, so I picked it up and took it to a JD dealer that mainly services logging equipment.

The JD mechanic "thought" it was the pump, since I couldn't raise the boom while using the mulcher, and that I didn't have much mulcher power (stalling easily, long recovery, slows down as soon as I touch material)

I have a pump ready to install, but I've been putting it off since I could still do a lot of brush jobs and kept busy with those jobs. I just busted a track so I may use the couple day wait and holiday weekend, to do some needed maintenance, like this pump.

BUT First I'm going to order the Stucchi couplers to see if there's a difference. I kept seeing that they help with flow leaking inside the coupler manifold. If a miracle occurs and I discover a fix before putting the new pump in, I'll just sell it for loss or keep it in the shelf as long as I have the machine.

I'll try to post an update this week or next after I've done these things; if it helps me or anyone else.

*note my arms also have some leak down. It will always slowly leak down but when it's hot it will leak faster and while the engine is running too. It's not so much continuous movement as it leaks down, as much as it is "popping" as it goes down.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I also took mine to a dealership that didn't touch it for a month, so I picked it up and took it to a JD dealer that mainly services logging equipment.

The JD mechanic "thought" it was the pump, since I couldn't raise the boom while using the mulcher, and that I didn't have much mulcher power (stalling easily, long recovery, slows down as soon as I touch material)

I have a pump ready to install, but I've been putting it off since I could still do a lot of brush jobs and kept busy with those jobs. I just busted a track so I may use the couple day wait and holiday weekend, to do some needed maintenance, like this pump.

BUT First I'm going to order the Stucchi couplers to see if there's a difference. I kept seeing that they help with flow leaking inside the coupler manifold. If a miracle occurs and I discover a fix before putting the new pump in, I'll just sell it for loss or keep it in the shelf as long as I have the machine.

I'll try to post an update this week or next after I've done these things; if it helps me or anyone else.

*note my arms also have some leak down. It will always slowly leak down but when it's hot it will leak faster and while the engine is running too. It's not so much continuous movement as it leaks down, as much as it is "popping" as it goes down.
I run a high flow 75-2 for various tasks. I have a horizontal disk mulcher that the manufacturer would not give a warranty for unless I used Stucci couplers, I did some reasearch and it seems that Stucci couplers had good high flow performance, I purchased more Stucci couplers for other high flow attachments and have never had any issues. Maybe you will get a miracle, if not you will at least have great couplers. Good luck with it.

jep3

Equipment
SVL-95
Feb 23, 2022
Georgia
I am having the same issues with hydraulics. Tractor has been in shop multiple times. The value spool has been replaced. The problem does not occur all of the time.