Suspicious of Regen

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
The B3350 has a couple of different things in the regen procedure. I have the OM and the WSM for the 2650 and it includes the regen procedures for the 3350, but I don't have any practical experience. If you look in your owner's manual on p16 it says when the regeneration interval is less than 4 hrs a parked regen will be required. I don't know if this means you should inhibit auto regen and force it to beep at you so you can do a parked regen or what. The shop manual describes something called a DOC regeneration, and the intervals for that are 9 hrs, 9 hrs, 3 hrs, 2 hrs, and then it will request a DOC regen which as near as I can tell would be like the dpf regen. If you come to understand this from your tractor I'd sure like to know. This DOC regen is only mentioned in the 3350 manual. Maybe yours did it, and that was the sparks?

Yesterday as soon as the tractor warmed up it started beeping and the parked regen light came on.This was approximately 1 1/2 hours after the last regen.It did pretty much what it was supposed to do,but as soon as it automatically idled down the regular regen light came on and it idled about 15 minutes before it went off.That was unexpected and it confused me.This first parked regen came on at 77.7 hours.I have the WSM also and from what it seems the DOC regen is just another name for parked regen??

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hmmm that is really interesting. You have answered at least one question, namely that on the 3350 at least it can go directly to a parked regen request without any in between regen requests.

The idling with the regular regen light on is more of a mystery. I don't think a parked regen is another name for a doc regen, but it might be a process that goes on within a parked regen.

You know I think Kubota would be ahead of the game if they would explain how this stuff is programmed.

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Hmmm that is really interesting. You have answered at least one question, namely that on the 3350 at least it can go directly to a parked regen request without any in between regen requests.
Not sure what you mean,or if you misunderstood me.
I've had about 7 or 8 regens before I got the parked regen request.My first regen was at 12.2 hours but averaged about 7 or 8 hour intervals after that except for one anomaly when it made 16 hours.It's interesting to note that running the tractor wide open (2500) didn't extend my intervals compared to running it at 1850-2000 rpm during two intervals.I tried the lower rpm test after a couple of disappointing 7 hour intervals.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Les I think I understood you correctly: your last regular (auto) regen was 1.5 hours or so previously, and you started your tractor up and after a while it went straight to the parked regen button blinking without an intervening period when it was asking to do a regular regen (different light, no beeping?

I have not seen a parked regen request on my L; it would have to go through the level 1 stages first. It won't let you initiate a parked regen until it is at level 2 and is beeping.