supply chain issue?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Sooo…. you sound as if you are in-favor of starving people so they’ll go to work!

That’s not my idea of how things should work.

A WORKING man has the RIGHT to decide for Whom and for How Much he will work.

I ain‘t gonna work shoveling sheit for no $15/hr. And I’m not basing that on any imagined hand-outs some of you guys think are out there for the asking. B.S.! ! !.
I learned over 70 years ago what work is. I earned the money that I was paid, and am damn proud of my work ethic. Today, there are very few people that have any work ethics left. As long and hard as I have worked my whole life, I still can't even imagine owning a plane. Those are wealthy people's toys!

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I learned over 70 years ago what work is. I earned the money that I was paid, and am damn proud of my work ethic. Today, there are very few people that have any work ethics left. As long and hard as I have worked my whole life, I still can't even imagine owning a plane. Those are wealthy people's toys!
🇺🇲

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I still can't even imagine owning a plane.

When I got my privat pilot's license back in '74, father said he'd buy the plane, I'd just have to hanger and pay for the 100hr inspections. Hmmm..... he was getting the better end of the deal.... Almost bought a Tigermoth or a Beaver. Combined they'd have been cheaper than a new pickup today !!

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Meanwhile back to Kubota “supply chain” issues, I feel bad for the sales people. As my guy told me, Kubota can’t seem to get their shit together. Newer orders are being shipped before older ones, simple items like tires, cutting edges, can’t be had, let alone tractors, etc. Supply chain issues yes, but I think Kubota, has to take more responsibility and deal with some internal issues!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Supply chain issues yes, but I think Kubota, has to take more responsibility and deal with some internal issues!
I don't think this is all on Kubota. Some dealers have been able to do ok while others have no stock or incomplete stock. like selling tractors without loaders. Meanwhile, the customer waits for months. I think that points to the dealer as the major part of the problem more than Kubota.

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't think this is all on Kubota. Some dealers have been able to do ok while others have no stock or incomplete stock. like selling tractors without loaders. Meanwhile, the customer waits for months. I think that points to the dealer as the major part of the problem more than Kubota.
“Kubota has to take more responsibility “ I said. My salesmen claims he has doubled his sales over 2021, so yes Kubota, and my local dealer are doing something right. My point was that Kubota is part of the problem/solution. There is something definitely wrong when you can’t get R-1 tires for 8 months and they are unable to make a piece of steel with 5 holes and a ground edge.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One of the 'supply chain ' problems has been the decades long use of 'Just-in-time' policy where manufacturers use 'rolling warehouses' instead of actually having a building full of parts. when the boarder was shutdown last winter ('freedom convoy') ALL the car plants here in Ontario had to sloooow down or stop the assembly lines as the 'bits and piece' couldn't get from the USA to here.
While busbesses can save large on not having 'local stockpiles of part' aka INVENTORY ,they are at the whim of Mother Nature and 'closures'. This does have a 'ripple' effect in the supply chain.
Now IF we used OUR raw materials to MAKE bits and pieces that WE made into final products, OUR supply chain issues would vanish....