SUN VISOR

OldSchool59

Equipment
L6060 HSTC, Rhino Ag TW36 shredder
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
Ok- this is what I came up with! Itā€™s a visor from a bus that I purchased new on eBay - there is 1 more available.
18ā€x6ā€ and these powerful suction cups are from B&H photo ( I have the part numbers for these)! These suction cups will tilt up and down with a powerful lock bolt and are equipped with a 1/4 x 20 stud which allows for 1/2ā€ of thread and I have them tilted up high and locked firmly in place.The brackets on the visor also tilt and they have a 5/16ā€ mounting hole & the tilt can be adjusted for tightness. Iā€™m using the tilt on the visor itself and not the suction cups but you could do both. Yes, it does block the center two Air vents when folded up but if youā€™re in the sun all day Iā€™d bet your visor would stay down like mine will. If it is folded up and you want access to your vents then flip the switches up in the suction clamps and clamp it on your rear glass and it takes maybe 3 seconds to do this! I thought I wanted a wider visor and they do make them 32ā€ but it could get in the way entering and exiting the tractor especially if you wear a cowboy hat like I do ! You can shop for visors at big truck dealer ships , big truck parts houses and bus supply shops ! Like I said, there is one more of these 18ā€ visors on eBay right now so the quickest wins šŸ˜œ

the visor is heavy duty and built for commercial busses , trucks Cranes etc etc but it is really light weight. I foresee no problems for years to come. Hope this helps!

oh yeah, I was going to paint it kubota gray but 1 rattle can of that paint from kubota is $68 šŸ¤®in which I call total b.s. on so Iā€™ll find something close , dismantle it all and paint the metal parts for a more refined look!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ok- this is what I came up with! Itā€™s a visor from a bus that I purchased new on eBay - there is 1 more available.
18ā€x6ā€ and these powerful suction cups are from B&H photo ( I have the part numbers for these)! These suction cups will tilt up and down with a powerful lock bolt and are equipped with a 1/4 x 20 stud which allows for 1/2ā€ of thread and I have them tilted up high and locked firmly in place.The brackets on the visor also tilt and they have a 5/16ā€ mounting hole & the tilt can be adjusted for tightness. Iā€™m using the tilt on the visor itself and not the suction cups but you could do both. Yes, it does block the center two Air vents when folded up but if youā€™re in the sun all day Iā€™d bet your visor would stay down like mine will. If it is folded up and you want access to your vents then flip the switches up in the suction clamps and clamp it on your rear glass and it takes maybe 3 seconds to do this! I thought I wanted a wider visor and they do make them 32ā€ but it could get in the way entering and exiting the tractor especially if you wear a cowboy hat like I do ! You can shop for visors at big truck dealer ships , big truck parts houses and bus supply shops ! Like I said, there is one more of these 18ā€ visors on eBay right now so the quickest wins šŸ˜œ

the visor is heavy duty and built for commercial busses , trucks Cranes etc etc but it is really light weight. I foresee no problems for years to come. Hope this helps!

oh yeah, I was going to paint it kubota gray but 1 rattle can of that paint from kubota is $68 šŸ¤®in which I call total b.s. on so Iā€™ll find something close , dismantle it all and paint the metal parts for a more refined look!
You can get a spray can of any color of paint you choose from you local auto parts place for WAY less than that! Take something the color you want and they can match.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I just keep a good pair of sun glasses in the cab.
This works best for me. The second item is a ball cap. Any visor installed on the tractor only covers a small number of areas where the sun can be a problem. With a hat, it's a simple matter of adjusting the hat or tilting your head a bit to block the sun regardless of which direction it's coming from.

The picture below is of my L4240 before I bought it. The tractor was used, and the previous owner applied tinted film on the upper parts of the windshield and doors. It was effective as far as the sun but it was extremely annoying. It was also a pain to remove.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

OldSchool59

Equipment
L6060 HSTC, Rhino Ag TW36 shredder
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
This works best for me. The second item is a ball cap. Any visor installed on the tractor only covers a small number of areas where the sun can be a problem. With a hat, it's a simple matter of adjusting the hat or tilting your head a bit to block the sun regardless of which direction it's coming from.

The picture below is of my L4240 before I bought it. The tractor was used, and the previous owner applied tinted film on the upper parts of the windshield and doors. It was effective as far as the sun but it was extremely annoying. It was also a pain to remove.
I agree on no tint on the windows! I have problems with my eyes so I canā€™t wear sunglasses and as for myself, the only place the sun kills my eyes is going straight towards it. Like I stated, I do wear a cowboy hat and can tilt my head from left to right to help but I really donā€™t have vision problems in Those directions!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

That's a really nice solution. As you say, the vents being blocked would be more of a winter issue if blowing warm air on the windshield. In the summer they would be turned to blow cold