Suggestions

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK kids I have had it with that dayumed rubber mat on the B. I need some kind of good glue to hole it in place. I would leave it off but there are wires going through a wire loom under the mat, not a good design, but there ya go. SO the mat has to go back on and stay on, I almost took a header from it getting wadded up under my feet. So fire away kids and give me your ideas!

re54drider

Equipment
L2800, FEL, Bush Hog
May 9, 2011
Goldston, nc
OK kids I have had it with that dayumed rubber mat on the B. I need some kind of good glue to hole it in place. I would leave it off but there are wires going through a wire loom under the mat, not a good design, but there ya go. SO the mat has to go back on and stay on, I almost took a header from it getting wadded up under my feet. So fire away kids and give me your ideas!
Maybe some type of spray on bed liner product? That stuff in the bed of my truck never moved.

Mikeymotorbikey

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2022
North Branch, Minnesota
Totally agree! Most despised part of my tractor. So glad it's not just me and my big feet.
The mat needs to be at least twice as thick.
Fordtech86 that's not a bad idea and I think I have some of that material laying around here . . .

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
A few SS carriage bolts through the mat and existing holes in the floorboard?

Couple of self drilling waferheads?

Either would make removal easy for cleaning or service.

Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
A few SS carriage bolts through the mat and existing holes in the floorboard?
Or maybe some automotive trim clips through the existing holes.

Be very conscious of what's under the floor if you decide to drill your own holes... DAMHIKT.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day…I’ve never pulled my mat up so I am not sure what’s really under there…it’s probably best I don’t know😉. Before getting too happy with the throttle I’d recommend look into a product by 3M, called dual lock (sort of like an industrial grade of Velcro)…there are who knows how many types and grades for all kinds of applications. OEMs use this for everything from holding wires to holding in headliners in cars. It’s very functional but have to be careful to get correct application. My concern with the mat would be it might leave a bubble / upward imprint that you may not like.

The other option might be to look at how some OEMs secure the mats in their cars…some have learned from them holding the accelerator and they now have a little hook through hole.

If bolts / fasteners are out that leaves super glue or magnets….there are probably other ideas but that is what I can think of.

Any ways those are a couple things maybe for your considerations. Good luck.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Enclosing moisture will create rust/corrosion. It’d be a good
I have head excellent results with this stuff to secure rubber mats and trim seals .

Apply it to both the metal part and the rubber part, and then let it "tack up" for about 5 minutes.

It's not very forgiving though, so make your "first stab" count.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Yellow-Ne...17-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1
YEp….1300 and 1300L are used extensively in aircraft upholstery, etc. It can be re-activated with MEK. Some applications have you paint both items (for instance weatherseal…and doorframe…. with 1300 and let it completely “dry”…. then paint MEK onto one surface and apply the other to stick them.

Clean up is easy with MEK also.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Enclosing moisture will create rust/corrosion. It’d be a good

YEp….1300 and 1300L are used extensively in aircraft upholstery, etc. It can be re-activated with MEK. Some applications have you paint both items (for instance weatherseal…and doorframe…. with 1300 and let it completely “dry”…. then paint MEK onto one surface and apply the other to stick them.

Clean up is easy with MEK also.
Yep. I used to use it all the time when I was a jet mechanic.

Wow....I just looked up MEK and holy crap has that gotten expensive......🤯

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
1710328829700.jpeg

My tractor cab kit came with an unlabelled can of rubber cement for installing the rubber floor matting. Seems to work after 5+ years. Sorry I can't figure out the brand of rubber cement I was given.

Just applied on both surfaces, waited until it got tacky, then stick together. Use in a well ventilated area...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A rubber mat, fastened to a painted steel deck, is a nearly ideal situation for creating a rusted steel deck.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
A rubber mat, fastened to a painted steel deck, is a nearly ideal situation for creating a rusted steel deck.
But we all know that skeets only uses his tractor when the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the weather is warm…:ROFLMAO:

…and he keeps it in a heated garage, and regularly massages the seat so that it gives him the best performance possible…

Not sure why we all know this… Must be a South Western PA thing? Eh, Hagrid?

• Haha

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well fired if you have a better idea lets have it, cause I am at a loss, the plugs pull right out of the holes much easyer than they go in... I guess that goes for a lot of things,, but I drigress

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
The floor mat on the RTV 1100 series uses something like this to hold them down see Item (60). They stay in place and are easy to remove for cleaning. If you scroll down on link and click on model this part fits it will give an exploded view of mat.
Mat

Last edited: