Subsitute for Hyd Filter HH 3A0-82430 on Amazon ???

hilltop329

Equipment
Kubota 3901--LA525 Loader--5' Bush Hog--6' Bush Hog Finish Mower
May 19, 2022
Missouri
Fleetguard HF 35274
Baldwin BT8488
Donaldson P551779
Preference

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Donaldson would be my preferred.
That said, be VERY careful buying filters on Amazon. There are a host of fakes out there. My old neighbor took out his fuel system using fake Motorcraft fuel filters from there. Not saying they are all bad, but there are some.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Is there a good reason for not purchasing a known Kubota filter from your dealer?
From a reputable supplier all three should be good.
In the past, rumors have been floated that Fleetguard may make filters for Kubota.
I use all Baldwin filters, and for convenience and price, I buy them online.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Kubota doesn't make their filters. Donaldson, Wix (Mann-Hummel), Baldwin and others do. Whoever won the contract gets to make them. I would never hesitate to put any of the aforementioned filters on anything I drive or race. Provided, of course, the bypass valve (if equipped) is relatively close to the factory setting.
As an aside, Kubota doesn't mix their oil either. Ashland is likely the provider.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Kubota doesn't make their filters. Donaldson, Wix (Mann-Hummel), Baldwin and others do. Whoever won the contract gets to make them. I would never hesitate to put any of the aforementioned filters on anything I drive or race. Provided, of course, the bypass valve (if equipped) is relatively close to the factory setting.
As an aside, Kubota doesn't mix their oil either. Ashland is likely the provider.
YEs…but they are made to Kubota Specifications. The alternatives may FIT…but that doesn’t mean they are made to the same standard. (I’m not a Kubota-only guy… I just think it wise to point out the difference.)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
YEs…but they are made to Kubota Specifications. The alternatives may FIT…but that doesn’t mean they are made to the same standard. (I’m not a Kubota-only guy… I just think it wise to point out the difference.)
Eh, I've found them (filters in general) to be damn spot on or BETTER then the OEM counterparts. Often they filter better and flow more. Thats why i use Wix on the diesel.
If Donaldson has the contract one year and Wix another, it's not like Donaldson is going to change up their filter just cuz. Everyone should perform their own due diligence. But in the end, if it is a true crossover, they are going to be sooooo very close it won't matter. Unless it's for someone that is not on top of their maintenance.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Eh, I've found them (filters in general) to be damn spot on or BETTER then the OEM counterparts. Often they filter better and flow more. Thats why i use Wix on the diesel.
If Donaldson has the contract one year and Wix another, it's not like Donaldson is going to change up their filter just cuz. Everyone should perform their own due diligence. But in the end, if it is a true crossover, they are going to be sooooo very close it won't matter. Unless it's for someone that is not on top of their maintenance.
My son insisted on genuine BMW oil filters for his 3 series BMW. According to the Owner's manual they are "made to rigorous BMW specifications".

My wife and I each have 3 series as well and I buy the Mann filters for them - a buck or so less.

All of the filters come from FCP Euro and I do all of the oil changes. When I take a BMW filter out of the BMW box it is identical to the Mann filter with one exception - it says BMW on the edge of the element next to the part number. The filter in the Mann box says Mann in that exact same spot. The part numbers on the elements are the same.....

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
My son insisted on genuine BMW oil filters for his 3 series BMW. According to the Owner's manual they are "made to rigorous BMW specifications".

My wife and I each have 3 series as well and I buy the Mann filters for them - a buck or so less.

All of the filters come from FCP Euro and I do all of the oil changes. When I take a BMW filter out of the BMW box it is identical to the Mann filter with one exception - it says BMW on the edge of the element next to the part number. The filter in the Mann box says Mann in that exact same spot. The part numbers on the elements are the same.....

Dan
Yessir! I'm a former BMW guy. Bikes and cars. I had an E36 M and the family car was a E39 5.4L with the 6 speed. Now, the wife has her beloved VW. All get the Mann filters because that's where BMW and VW / Audi source them. Since Affinia was acquired by Mann-Hummel I would expect Wix (whose parent company is Affinia) to also be the same. I have not researched that far since there is no $ benefit in swapping to Wix.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Eh, I've found them (filters in general) to be damn spot on or BETTER then the OEM counterparts. Often they filter better and flow more…..
Equine Manure! The same size filtration material can NOT “filter better “ and at the same time “flow more”. To filter better requires smaller-micron porosity and to flow more requires larger porosity.

I don’t argue that interchangeable filters are probably adequate…but they are RAREly identical or better.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Wold y
Equine Manure! The same size filtration material can NOT “filter better “ and at the same time “flow more”. To filter better requires smaller-micron porosity and to flow more requires larger porosity.

I don’t argue that interchangeable filters are probably adequate…but they are RAREly identical or better.
LMAO! Would you like to bet on that? I know you like to find fault in what people say, but you really should think things through first.
Pore size determines how well a filter does its job. Pore density, as well as filtration area affect flow. You CAN filter better and flow more.
A simple example most can understand is a home HVAC filter. Cheap 1" filters flow great but filter less. A MERV 10 1" pleated filters filter better but flow is still restricted because they filter better. A 1" micro pleat filters the same but flows more because there is more surface area. A 5" MERV 13 has even better flow and better filtration. Why? Again, surface area. Increasing the filtration area can indeed provide better filtration at higher flow rates.

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wold y

LMAO! Would you like to bet on that? I know you like to find fault in what people say, but you really should think things through first.
Pore size determines how well a filter does its job. Pore density, as well as filtration area affect flow. You CAN filter better and flow more.
A simple example most can understand is a home HVAC filter. Cheap 1" filters flow great but filter less. A MERV 10 1" pleated filters filter better but flow is still restricted because they filter better. A 1" micro pleat filters the same but flows more because there is more surface area. A 5" MERV 13 has even better flow and better filtration. Why? Again, surface area. Increasing the filtration area can indeed provide better filtration at higher flow rates.
If you laugh ALL your azz off…You’ll finally disappear!

What part of “The same size filtration material…” don’t you understand?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Dan
I too use FCP Euro.
Also a great (cost effective) source for MB parts!
I prefer PURFLUX oil filters over MANN.