Stop the ROPS bar from loud squeaking when underway.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
The 45 degree position is not meant to be used, the hole for the pin is too large and the strength of the ROPS is greatly reduced. You can use that hole to keep the folded ROPS in place when trailering.
It's functioning quite nicely as a ROPS in that position. If what you say is true, why isn't it in the Op Manual? Not even mentioned in the Op Manual.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
It's functioning quite nicely as a ROPS in that position. If what you say is true, why isn't it in the Op Manual? Not even mentioned in the Op Manual.
The diagrams in your manual show the pin in the center hole with the ROPS down, and in the proper hole with the ROPS raised. The strength and protection of the ROPS will be greatly reduced in the middle position. If you still don't agree, run it by an engineer so he/she can give you the numbers.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Get yourself two bolts (i'll look for the size) and tighten them down. Alternatively, you can buy the knobs that come on some BX series from your dealer. They thread into the front of the ROPS at the joint. You'll see a welded nut on the front side.

I can't remember which thread I sued but it was one of these two sizes....

ROPS Jamb bolts Thread size metric M10x1.5mm, M10x1.25

You can see them installed here (two shiny bolts).

View attachment 75585
Bingo.

I did much the same with my B3350.

Problem solved.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The diagrams in your manual show the pin in the center hole with the ROPS down, and in the proper hole with the ROPS raised. The strength and protection of the ROPS will be greatly reduced in the middle position. If you still don't agree, run it by an engineer so he/she can give you the numbers.
I agree, and I am an engineer, retired.

SDT

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
The BX's came with two knobs for the rops. Once the knob is set theres no struggle to line the rops holes up for the pins. Kubota should put them on all the tractors.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
"I am, too. It works quite well at the 45 degree position. Pin is as tight as it is in the other 2 positions. Not shown in Op Manual. "

When you rolled over the tractor to test it, were you able to keep your head off the ground?

1646055002102.png

1646054910441.png

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
"I am, too. It works quite well at the 45 degree position. Pin is as tight as it is in the other 2 positions. Not shown in Op Manual. "

When you rolled over the tractor to test it, were you able to keep your head off the ground?

View attachment 75850
View attachment 75849
Nothing is said about the mid position at all. No warning about conflict with top link when dropped either.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Nothing is said about the mid position at all. No warning about conflict with top link when dropped either.
There are two drawings showing the proper use of the center hole, one of them is posted above.

There is this line you missed:

• Before proceeding to fold ROPS, check for any
possible interference with installed
implements and attachments.
If interference occurs, contact your KUBOTA
Dealer

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
There are two drawings showing the proper use of the center hole, one of them is posted above.

There is this line you missed:

• Before proceeding to fold ROPS, check for any
possible interference with installed
implements and attachments.
If interference occurs, contact your KUBOTA
Dealer
Not clear as to what is shown. Are the middle holes to lock the bar in the fully down position?

It's working great with the top bar at 45 degrees. At a height to fully protect my head and low enough to clear doorways. It's great.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
You need to remember that the ROPS needs to be at a certain level higher than your head. Draw a straight line from the top of the ROPS to the front of your tractor - not a level line at the top of the ROPS. That's where it'll be sitting when it's upside down.
Realistically, the ROPS being up should prevent it from rolling completely over. With any luck it'll only roll on its side. With shorter ROPS it's a lot more likely to roll all the way over.

VaGlock

Equipment
B2601 FEL - BH
Jun 28, 2020
Central Va.
I use a small piece of rubber glued on the lower part of rops, so that when you put the upper section up it pinches the rubber just enough to get the pins in. No rattle and no extra bolts to deal with.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I use a small piece of rubber glued on the lower part of rops, so that when you put the upper section up it pinches the rubber just enough to get the pins in. No rattle and no extra bolts to deal with.
I did the same thing but with foam backed tape. Just enough give to get the pins in and out but no rattle.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
You need to remember that the ROPS needs to be at a certain level higher than your head. Draw a straight line from the top of the ROPS to the front of your tractor - not a level line at the top of the ROPS. That's where it'll be sitting when it's upside down.
Realistically, the ROPS being up should prevent it from rolling completely over. With any luck it'll only roll on its side. With shorter ROPS it's a lot more likely to roll all the way over.
If you're working for the government (sounds like it), allow them to raise the protection bar between the hood and the FEL. This would allow for a lower rear ROPS.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If you're working for the government (sounds like it), allow them to raise the protection bar between the hood and the FEL. This would allow for a lower rear ROPS.
The net affect of putting the ROPS top half at an angle would be to effectively lower the height. IF this was a recommended solution, why would Kubota not just lower the height of the ROPS to begin with?

Probably because a lower ROPS height offers less overall protection. And certainly, with the top angled during a roll over, the lever arm at the joint will be much greater than if the ROPS top half were vertical.

I would contact Kubota and ask if they recommend the ROPS being used with the top half at a 45 degree angle. NO actually I would not bother, because I already know the answer...

Reactions: 1 user