Sticker SHOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I worked for a major food manufacturer in the 80;s. The packaging was changed to private label, but contents were the same.
I've been told Valvoline makes Kubota's Oils and Baldwin makes the filters for them. don't know for sure but it sounds right.
My point is that just because a reputable manufacturer makes a particular product, does not guarantee that the same manufacturer does not make what appears to be the same product, but to a lower standard, and price, to win a bid from a contract customer.

Last edited:

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
My point is that just because a reputable manufacturer makes a particular product, does not guarantee that the same manufacturer does not make what appears to be the same product, but to a lower standard, and price, to win a bid from a contract customer.
Understood. Im sure it happens. I worked for a worldwide company though that made no changes except packaging. Too costly to make all the deviations for pennies.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Oh..... he most certainly is!
Check history!
Gas prices in January 2020 were around $2.00/gal.
That means nothing. There is nothing the same with the post Covid economy anywhere in the world. The entire world is experiencing high fuel prices and inflation. Look beyond the US and see this is much larger than our country. Congress set the US fuel prices in motion when they authorized exports of US oil and fuel. Now our fuel prices are established by worldwide demand, instead of just US demand.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
You guys stated, "business reasons" So if you are in Oil and you're told the current administration wants to end you how much new investing are you going to do? I guess running the USA is like riding a bike. Our president can't do either very well.

Gas prices rose as soon as Biden took office. Putin was a good scape goat.
No. The reason is because Trump withheld arms for Ukraine in an effort to embarrass Biden, and Russia took advantage of it and now the war over there has interrupted the world-supply of oil…. and Trumpists are trying to make Biden the scape goat.

Reactions: 3 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
No. The reason is because Trump withheld arms for Ukraine in an effort to embarrass Biden, and Russia took advantage of it and now the war over there has interrupted the world-supply of oil…. and Trumpists are trying to make Biden the scape goat.
And there you have it, it is all Trump's fault! Is there an echo in here?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Oil companies are investing and expanding in the Permian basin in my state and Texas and the 2022 production levels will match the previous record year of 2019. Planned production for 2023 will set a new record. Oil companies are making decisions based on market conditions. There is plenty of crude oil available in the US; high prices are due to worldwide shortages, exports, and lack of refining capacity.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yet another Trump hater!
Have another glass of Kool-aid!

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yet another Trump hater!
Have another glass of Kool-aid!
It’s True. It’s easy for me to hate Anyone who tries to overthrow the U.S.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wow, I would need to give way too many of you a serious time out for breaking the rules!
Come on gang, it's simple, quit with the political slams and bashing.

Thread permanently closed.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.