Stereo type

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Sometimes the old geezer in a 'vette' is just an uncle giving his grand-niece a cool ride around town.

vette.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Don’t recall ever seeing a Corvette that color. Sweet ride you have there.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I should have mentioned. The old guy is my little brother. The kid is the grand daughter that I am raising. We went to North Carolina for a few day's visit.
The kid loved the 67 vette but was really impressed with the 0 to OMG of the Mustang GT.
The man has done very well and spends his money well.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I should have mentioned. The old guy is my little brother. The kid is the grand daughter that I am raising. We went to North Carolina for a few day's visit.
The kid loved the 67 vette but was really impressed with the 0 to OMG of the Mustang GT.
The man has done very well and spends his money well.
I am presently visiting in Carlisle, PA for Labor Day weekend….and, sadly,…JUST missed the corvette auto-show/gathering here only last week. :(

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
When I read the thread title, I was going to say my Yamaha tuner & power amplifiers always impressed me. 😂

400 watts per side, bi-amped through a frequency splitter, into separate speakers for each range….don’t listen to it anymore. Prefer the sounds my Kubotas make…🥴

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mike - Former coworker has a 67

Looks like a great car. The Mid- year Vette 1963-1967 is quite sought-after.

What engine/transmission does it have?

I think they had more options in 67 versus 63 if my memory serves….no split-window though in 67. Think that was 63 only (?).

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Mike - Former coworker has a 67

Looks like a great car. The Mid- year Vette 1963-1967 is quite sought-after.

What engine/transmission does it have?

I think they had more options in 67 versus 63 if my memory serves….no split-window though in 67. Think that was 63 only (?).
LMAO !!
On this site there is talk of newbies asking really un-informed questions. He is one of them when it comes to cars.
The little bro is a finance wis-kid. Joined an hedge fund investment company as it was forming. He brought them to a top of the line firm. I accused him of tax dodging as he is on dozens of boards for off shore firms. He laughed and told me the IRS laws and that his company has him on these boards as he is tenacious. As a board member he lets the companies know that in no uncertain terms he will pull huge amounts of money out of the investments with a phone call if they do anything he smells as funny. For many of them he only takes a couple hundred dollars a year as a board member. He called off Bernie Madoff (sp?) years before the FEDS caught on. He threw them out of his building within 15 minutes of a meeting. His house and property would fit in my front yard but, it is worth at least ten times mine. He is smart and stingy with his money and with the investors he advises.

When he bought the 67 I asked him the same questions. He said it is a V8 and 4 speed. I had to meet him at a car show and have a good look. He laughs and said he likes the style, turns the key and drives. He pays a local shop to deal with any and all issues.
It is the larger small block at 350 horse. Factory 4 speed. You have to work out at the gym to park the manual steering in a mall parking lot. All original and restored years ago. When I asked if the numbers all matched he showed me the paper work. Even the factory clock keeps good time. Didn't care as it is not an investment but a fun car to drive.
He has had several Mustang GT's. All traded with mint condition bodies but 150 - 200K miles on them. Daily drivers with a shi* load of passing speed. His family Audi is 13 years old but runs well so why get a new one.
BTW, he has never been on anything bigger than a lawn tractor and thinks my little B is a big unit. Talk about a 3 point and his eyes glaze over. Hard to believe we come form the same parents.

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
LMAO !!
On this site there is talk of newbies asking really un-informed questions. He is one of them when it comes to cars.
The little bro is a finance wis-kid. Joined an hedge fund investment company as it was forming. He brought them to a top of the line firm. I accused him of tax dodging as he is on dozens of boards for off shore firms. He laughed and told me the IRS laws and that his company has him on these boards as he is tenacious. As a board member he lets the companies know that in no uncertain terms he will pull huge amounts of money out of the investments with a phone call if they do anything he smells as funny. For many of them he only takes a couple hundred dollars a year as a board member. He called off Bernie Madoff (sp?) years before the FEDS caught on. He threw them out of his building within 15 minutes of a meeting. His house and property would fit in my front yard but, it is worth at least ten times mine. He is smart and stingy with his money and with the investors he advises.

When he bought the 67 I asked him the same questions. He said it is a V8 and 4 speed. I had to meet him at a car show and have a good look. He laughs and said he likes the style, turns the key and drives. He pays a local shop to deal with any and all issues.
It is the larger small block at 350 horse. Factory 4 speed. You have to work out at the gym to park the manual steering in a mall parking lot. All original and restored years ago. When I asked if the numbers all matched he showed me the paper work. Even the factory clock keeps good time. Didn't care as it is not an investment but a fun car to drive.
He has had several Mustang GT's. All traded with mint condition bodies but 150 - 200K miles on them. Daily drivers with a shi* load of passing speed. His family Audi is 13 years old but runs well so why get a new one.
BTW, he has never been on anything bigger than a lawn tractor and thinks my little B is a big unit. Talk about a 3 point and his eyes glaze over. Hard to believe we come form the same parents.
Mike - - I assumed this was your Corvette. While an uniformed choice, your little brother made a good choice!

Mid-year's are probably my favorite Corvettes. Never owned one of any vintage. I don't like to drive any of them.....

Maybe pass this link along to your Bro, if he cares....if he doesn't - that's okay too. ;)

1963-67 C2 Corvette: History, Prices, Engine Options, & Production Numbers (classicindustries.com)

Sounds like a 327 cu.in./350 HP engine.

Not a big-block, or "fuelie" (Fuel Injected) but still a great car.

I think my former coworker's car is same 327/350hp/4 speed car. No power steering or brakes.

She's in her mid-70's and has owned it for nearly 50 years. While she's in great shape, it's a challenge for her to drive anymore.

PS - - just between you and me, and everyone watching OTT...I hate green cars!

Many years ago I bought a Jeep CJ7. Told my girlfriend about it, and said it's really cool, except it's GREEN.....same green as your Bro's 'Vette. :rolleyes: If I find a picture, I'll post it.

PPS - found it …..same color?

IMG_1144.jpeg

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Isn’t that the truth for many of us!
Yep… I’ve got a bro’ like that too. (With him, …I think Dad pulled-out early.)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I went to a vette show once. I have never seen as much arrogance in a car show in my life, since or before. I love racing against them on the drag strip too.