HJillsboro, Ore
L2501HST4WD
BH77 Backhoe
72" snowblade with hydraulics,
Pallet forks,
60" combo bucket
$36,873
$10K down and $321 a month x 84 months.
Add another few bucks for the KTAC insurance.
Still kicking that around. . . .

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bruce -

you know what your B7500 has done for you in the past, so me telling you to GET the 2501 is meaningless - you have 100 things right off the top of your head as to what you want to do!

I would do it if your need requires it, as I have said many times, I wish I had my FEL/BH much earlier than I bought it!

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I wished I had bought mine years ago. I just wasn't confident with my job and economy at the time. It has definitely made life easier, and I can finally accomplish the things I have had to stare at for years as it was physically impractical, if not impossible, to do.

Bruce(OR)

Equipment
B7500
Feb 18, 2021
HJillsboro, Ore
Bruce -

you know what your B7500 has done for you in the past, so me telling you to GET the 2501 is meaningless - you have 100 things right off the top of your head as to what you want to do!

I would do it if your need requires it, as I have said many times, I wish I had my FEL/BH much earlier than I bought it!
The 7500 is a machine I inherited a few years ago. The 600# lift capacity has been stretched to it's limits a few times more than I am willing to admit. The L2501 is a slightly larger machine and hopefully will not be as top heavy as the 7500 always felt. Yeah, I tried to tip it once or twice and finally got to the point of not taking off the back hoe. Still never felt that machine was not much more than an over sized lawn mower,
IMHO.

Bruce(OR)

Equipment
B7500
Feb 18, 2021
HJillsboro, Ore
That insurance has saved a few butts around here... I've never used it but been saved by insurance other times.

Other than the price, that sounds like a great setup!!! :giggle:
Well, the wife flipped when I told her the final price, oh well. if the stocks continue to grow this year, I might pay it off early. Insurance payment might be the motivational factor on that. The 7500 since new has had an issue of the FEL not dropping smoothly and the HST forward/reverse start interlock switch throws a fit on a semi-regular basis. I figure an FEL with the 1200# lift capacity should meet my needs with not much problem. My local insurance man might not go the "Covered away from home" routine.
They are currently all working from home and it is annoying not to be able to go into a office.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Without going back and looking, my L2501 was roughly $28,000 after taxes. HST, SSQA, 3rd Function, Backhoe. No remotes...wished I had gotten them though. You could always not get some of the extras. Things like pallet forks, you should be able to find that stuff at a much better price somewhere else. The combo bucket, I guess you are talking the 4 n 1 bucket. I would rather have my grapple, although having one would be nice, and one day I may own one. However, I couldn't be without my grapple.

Bruce(OR)

Equipment
B7500
Feb 18, 2021
HJillsboro, Ore
According to the price sheet the 2501 HST 4WD is. . . $16,040 By the time I got done with everything, it came up to $36,8 including the grapple. The 4 way bucket should work out better than I anticipate. The wife is guaranteed to ask me why I got both. I can hear it already. Pallet forks might be cheaper elsewhere but here it is financed and I don't have to incur another credit card/further expense looking for it.
$10K down and payments of $321 a month and the KTAC insurance. Add another, what? $50? I am tempted to let the broker send me money every month to pay for it and the other part says to let that money run and pay it off in another 2 years or so. This is just cheap entertainment. Wait 'till the kids find out I am spending their money. Oh well. Waiting for the market to come up a bit in the tech stocks or the 19th to come. By the 24th I should be down picking it all up. Time to buy more more tie downs to bring it all home. Oops.