Steering Linkage - Kubota L245DT

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
All,

I'm looking for a place to buy a steering linkage for my L245DT. It currently has after market power steering but I'm removing it.

Any suggestions?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
could it be that the Previous Owner did the Power Steering upgrade cause he could not find a cost effective way to replace OEM worn out linkage?

Why do you want to replace the upgrade?

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
That's possible.

The biggest reason is to speed up loader hydraulics, but also the hoses are just in the way...the return line got crushed by the steering arm (improper installation).

I guess if it was cost effective enough I was just going to take it out and put in the original tie rod. I'm seeing that it probably won't be cost effective though the more I look at prices.

I need to figure out a better way to run the hoses to the steer cylinder so they aren't in the way. Suggestions on this??

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
That's possible.

The biggest reason is to speed up loader hydraulics, but also the hoses are just in the way...the return line got crushed by the steering arm (improper installation).

I guess if it was cost effective enough I was just going to take it out and put in the original tie rod. I'm seeing that it probably won't be cost effective though the more I look at prices.

I need to figure out a better way to run the hoses to the steer cylinder so they aren't in the way. Suggestions on this??
Take a soft piece of copper pipe, and some rubber hose that fits over it, and build a template hose. Take your mock up hose to a colliflower hose shop, and have them mane you up a hybrid hose, with some steel areas for straight runs, and hoses crimped to the steel, where it needs to flex. Always opt for more hose than steel. Colliflower ain't always cheap, but they generally have excellent service. And remember to tell them what pressure the system operates at.

http://www.colliflower.com/colliflowerlocations.html

Just noticed your location, but I'm sure there is a hydraulic hose store similar, in the closest big town to you...

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Try tractor salvage yards like West Kentucky Tractor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk