Starting my l4300 tractor

YAMA411

Equipment
L4300DTR
Jun 14, 2010
VERO BEACH, FL, USA
I have a 2002 lb4300 tractor with only 178 hours on it. I used it to mow my property and shut it off. When i returned the next day it would not start. I checked battery, the 2 solenoids for the pto and also the 1 that handles neutral, rabbit & turtle, also checked the fuses. Everything seemed fine. Cannot figure it out. I live in fl. There isn't even any noise when you attempt to turn over the ignition. Any suggestions.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If it's like my L 3000 the only safety swithes it has are on the PTO and the high/low shifter. I had trouble with the one on the shifter. It was just a little out of adjustment and you would have to move the shifter around until you found the sweet spot and then it would fire right up. This could be your trouble.

YAMA411

Equipment
L4300DTR
Jun 14, 2010
VERO BEACH, FL, USA
I had that happen early on when It was maybe 3 years old. Now that doesn't even work. I checked the air cleaner, battery, water lever in radiator, motor oil, hydraulic oil. My hydraulic oil was very low so I drained it, and installed all i had (maybe 5-6 gallons) it's still low so I will get more today and fill it up. But it would not start with the amount I installed lastnight. Maybe a 1/4 way up the site glass.
I was wondering if there is a sensor in the hydraulic system that keeps it from cranking if the fluid is to low? Hopefully this is the case. I will see today and post my results later on today.

still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: