ssv ratings

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
ssv skid steer lift ratings

how do they rate the loaders on skid steers? I know what the ROC is and understand those numbers, but is it with a bucket, without a bucket, at pin, half bucket length lift? I'm trying to figure out their numbers to determine if the 65 is enough or if I need to go to the 75. the pallets I need to be able to move weigh about 3400 lbs including pallet. I know the tip load is 3900 on the 65. I know the fuel tank is at the rear and would allow additional capacity, but I'm trying not to use that as a factor in my decision. the pallet is about 4 foot each way. my pallet forks I would use are rated at 4k lbs and weigh about 350 lbs.

anything else I should look into? this would be a first skid for us, probably a last. would prefer to do it one time.

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
Re: ssv skid steer lift ratings

bump. no one knows if it will do it with the 65 or if I for sure will need the 75? or if the 75 has other advantages besides lift?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your going to be right at the max for what the SSV65 can handle (4409 LBS at pin).
If I was you I would bump up to the SSV75 (5452 lbs at pin).

Have you looked at the SVL75-2?
They have an even greater lift and operating capacity.
And if you've never operated a track loader they are smoother than a wheel model. ;)

As far as advantages of SSV75 over a SSV65, More HP and a heavier drive train.

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
yeah, I've looked at the SVL75, but the price jumps significantly. I'm sure I'll internally debate the SSV vs SVL next. for personal use on a small hobby farm, I believe the SSV 75 has got to be plenty. I just didn't want to go overboard.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an older bobcat wheel skid steer and I love it, One advantage that you probably won't need is the ability to chain it up for winter use.

I have friends that have a 10 horse setup and they have a tracked model and they love it, it tears up the ground way less than min, despite being twice the size and weight of mine. ;)
They do slide all over in the snow and ice, but lucky their place is flat, so that's not a huge issue, on my place I would be stuck at the bottom of the hill! :(

One thing to check out is ground speed, if you have any distance to travel ground speed comes into play. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Some manufacturers offer bolt on counter weights to offset the tip point for there skid steers. Just another option to consider if they offer it for the kubotas.

I've installed them on a takeuchi tracked skid steer. Install took about 20 minutes to bolt up the weights. Only issue is it takes a fork lift and two people to install them. One person needs to have a good young back, the other person just needs to get the bolts started and be able to give the weights a nudge to line them up.