SSQA Manure Fork/Bucket

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Toying with the idea of getting a bucket with manure tines on it for handling/turning compost.

It would be used on the LA534 loader on my B2650

Something like the Woods MF6000 (60") looks ideal but NOBODY posts prices on this stuff and I'm just ornery enough that I won't jump through the hoops to get a "quote".

Anybody got something like this that may care to share sources and prices?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
PHPaul, I made an attachment for my loader many moons ago for doing that. It's simple, easy to make and inexpensive.

I might get a picture of it today, but I used old barbell round rod, cut a 45% angle on one end. Have the extend out about 2' past bucket lip. Have 6 or so pieces evenly spaced welded to some angle iron. Bracket hooks under lip of bucket and has a short chain that goes under the bucket and comes up the back and hooks over a ball I have mounted. I use a small load binder to cinch it snug.

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
PHPaul, I made an attachment for my loader many moons ago for doing that. It's simple, easy to make and inexpensive.

I might get a picture of it today, but I used old barbell round rod, cut a 45% angle on one end. Have the extend out about 2' past bucket lip. Have 6 or so pieces evenly spaced welded to some angle iron. Bracket hooks under lip of bucket and has a short chain that goes under the bucket and comes up the back and hooks over a ball I have mounted. I use a small load binder to cinch it snug.
Sounds like a good idea, I'll be looking forward to pictures.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Here's some pictures. I have a 2" ball mounted on the top of a loader I use for moving trailers. I put the chain with the oval loop under the bucket and over the ball and tighten. The chain is welded to the fork assy. and made to just the right length so when the boomed is snapped over center it's tight.

I made the for a 4' bucket on a B8200. You could adapt the idea to any width. I've moved a lot of processed hay with this tool!!

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Excellent! Thank you for the pictures.

I'm pretty sure I have enough material in my scra....uh..."excess materials" pile to make that.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I would look around on auctionzip, for a close by farm estate auction, I picked up an older manure bucket, from an old skidsteer, chopped off the old QA bracket, and welded a new QA plate to it. bucket cost me $60, I think. I later added a removable bale spear, to it. I have more $ in the steel for the plate and spear, than I do in the bucket...:D:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
I made it so those ears clip on the bucket, and the rest of the iron goes under the bucket. The outside square tubing is like 1 1/2". All made with iron from the bone pile.