SSQA compatibility

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
Will a ssqa bucket / fork / blade or other fit on any tractor equiped with a ssqa? For example, the same forks could be used on a b2601, L25, LX26 ....
I guess that's the whole point of having SSQA. Obviously sharing buckets on a b2601 and L01 wouldn't make much sense, but will it work?

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, but you'll find out that a bucket for a B ,is going to be to light weight and narrow for an L and vice versa.
Light weight forks will be good on the B but you can damage them on an L.
So keep that in mind when you have SSQA implements.

Reactions: 2 users

Dead Ash

Equipment
L 35 T/L/B
Jul 15, 2023
Ohio
Hello all, I would like to go a little deeper into this topic. I hope I don't embarrass my self but as stated I am new to this tractor stuff.

I have an L35 with a pin on FEL bucket and have finished moving dirt. Now I need to pick up and move downed trees, branches, brush etc. and feel a grapple would be better than picking up by hand. I called the local tool rental place and for a skid steer on tracks with a grapple for 7 days plus delivery and damage insurance I could pay the same and buy the ssqa conversion setup for my tractor and have it whenever I need it for as long as I need it.

When I was talking to the rental person I asked if I could just rent the attachment if I had the ssqa system. His response was confusing because he said there are different ssqa systems and the best way to determine if they would work/be compatible was to bring the tractor up and try it before renting it.

If it is ssqa that sounds like to me they should be compatible. What am I not understanding?

Thanks
DA

Dead Ash

Equipment
L 35 T/L/B
Jul 15, 2023
Ohio
I guess I should add too that, that I was under the impression that the whole idea behind wanting the ssqa was because it opened up a lot of possible attachments that are available. Ask tractor Mike has an adapter setup that could go onto my FEL with a diverter/third function valve. Shouldn't that mean I could utilize any ssqa implement ?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I guess I should add too that, that I was under the impression that the whole idea behind wanting the ssqa was because it opened up a lot of possible attachments that are available. Ask tractor Mike has an adapter setup that could go onto my FEL with a diverter/third function valve. Shouldn't that mean I could utilize any ssqa implement ?
Yes, although, as North Idaho Wolfman says, the grapple from a skid steer may be too heavy for your L35 to use effectively.

Also, you may have to change the quick connectors on you hoses to a different style to match the rental grapple.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Dead Ash, Adding to the responses so far, if you rent a grapple, you will then be "mixing" hydraulic fluids too.

I have no idea if that could cause harm, but I would not like it.

I don't want no JD juice in my Mighty Kubota..hahahah

I think your reasoning for switching to a SSQA is quite sound.

For the price of rental one week, you have a lifetime of opportunity on your tractor and the best part....No deadlines.................I loathe deadlines.

That would be a simple choice for me personally.

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Although the ssqa might work the hydraulic connections might not! Do you even have that function on the loader of your tractor?

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Also , when buying some used implements isn't JD SSQA different than like what I have on my L ?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
SSQA is SSQA, physically it'll fit... the big issue, as previously said , are the hydraulic connections.
JD may have it's own version of 'quick attach 'SSQAlike' style of implements,but they'll ONLY connect to green machines. There's lots of info about SSQA online, complete detailed drawings with dimensions.