SSQA Adapter

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Has anybody used one of these to make their own SSQA? Looks like all one would need to do is cut the ears off the existing bucket and weld them (maybe with an additional piece of plate, not sure) to this. Half the price of an ATI or Kubota brand SSQA adapter sounds good to me, especially with what I view as a relatively small amount of work to get there.

Titan SSQA

I'm a bit leery of Titan, seems you get those that say they are good and those that claim they are pot metal junk. I have no experience with the brand personally.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I bought the ATI adapter that would directly connect to the existing Kubota attachment ears on the loader arms. No cutting and re welding. I was afraid of alignment issues when trying to do the re welding. I then cut of off the ears on the bucket and welded a Quick attach mounting plate to the bucket and everything works great. I have purchased a grapple and forks with SSQA and everything works fine. Should have done this years ago.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Those adapter plates are very light weight.
I bought a set of those a few years ago for my B and I was surprised how easily I could bend them.
Spend a few extra bucks and get something that works and will last!

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The reviews on their website are not exactly "stellar".

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Curious, so I downloaded the manual....
For sure I'd add a top lateral support and have GOOD welds. That would probably eliminate any 'bending'.
Not to sure how it could bend, bucket is latched at the bottom,solid fit along the top.
Still seems like a terrible price to me,especially with 'some assembly required'.