Spring has Sprung

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Eric... when I turn my gardwn I only cultivate down no more than 9". Things like potatoes a nd sweet potatoes grow in hilled rows ... the rest will do wonderful in what you have done:D
Butch

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh cool I did good then. Thanks Butch I was not real sure if I got down deep enough for anything to be planted. I thought I might have to check on renting either a tractor mount tiller or even a one bottom plow to get down deep.

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Seeing I only took ownership of my tractor two weeks ago, I'm still learning by doing small jobs. I've leveled/filled my driveway from winter, started clearing a small area for getting some material delivered (topsoil, mulch, etc.). Now getting ready to try out the backhoe on some stumps that need removing. My use is strictly for fun and to hopefully improve my yard. I hope to post pics in the near future. Spring is here when we traditionally still have snow at this time of year up here in the great white north.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Seeing I only took ownership of my tractor two weeks ago, I'm still learning by doing small jobs. I've leveled/filled my driveway from winter, started clearing a small area for getting some material delivered (topsoil, mulch, etc.). Now getting ready to try out the backhoe on some stumps that need removing. My use is strictly for fun and to hopefully improve my yard. I hope to post pics in the near future. Spring is here when we traditionally still have snow at this time of year up here in the great white north.

Snow on the gorund in Spring :eek:

Living in Southern California does have it's advantages. I'll be spending this weekend at the beach :cool:

Have fun with your new tractor, sounds like you already have a full workload.

Scott

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Snow on the gorund in Spring :eek:

Living in Southern California does have it's advantages. I'll be spending this weekend at the beach :cool:

Scott
I spoke to soon about us being out of snow. Here are pics I took this morning around my yard. :eek:

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I spoke to soon about us being out of snow. Here are pics I took this morning around my yard. :eek:
OMG :eek: I would be getting cabin fever :(

I just looked at thermometer on my porch, it's 65 on the shade and the forecast is for 75. It's 11:20am not a cloud in the sky :)

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Removed the front blade today and will install MMM tomorrow morning to get the church lawn ready for the egg hunt on Sunday morning for the kids. Already tuned up the FL1000 tiller to turn the mushroom compost into my garden patch early next week.

All in all life is good... could be better however on the other hand it could be much worse. Soooooo this wonderful Easter I plan to tally up my blessings and give thanks for another day.:)

Have an orange day!:cool:

Butch
Well said Butch :D

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
:DI'm glad to see the warm weather but not really looking forward to the summer heat. I've been moving equipment all week long for my old shed on the other side of my farm to my new one I built behind my house. Every trip was a double run though. It has been so wet here this year everything went to pieces over the winter and it's been to wet to try and repair it. Every time I would go get a piece of equipment I have been trying to fix something as I went. My honey do list doubled this past year when my dad passed away. I'm glad mom lives on the other side of my farm from me. That makes it much easier to get my Kubota over there to help with her little projects. I hope all you guys have a good spring and enjoy those Kubotas.
My condolences with your father Bulldog.

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks fellas. I just wasnt sure if what I did for the kids at the school would be abel to do anything in the ground once I cleared it. I just did not want to do a half ass job and leave behind an area where they can do little to nothing with. I'd say roughly the dirt is tore up to around 6 or 8 inches deep. I have no clue what depth garden material needs to have in order to grow.
If you have the ground loose to that depth, then you did a VERY nice job :D That is perfect for the kids to plant pretty much anything ;)

Nice job EM :D