Sprayer

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Added this to the arsenal today. Had dealer remove the 4 bolts which cause issues and strapped it down along with metal bands. Water tested...it's a go for tomorrow. If it's green, it's gonna die!!! Well, whatever my wife says I can kill anyway.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Added this to the arsenal today. Had dealer remove the 4 bolts which cause issues and strapped it down along with metal bands. Water tested...it's a go for tomorrow. If it's green, it's gonna die!!! Well, whatever my wife says I can kill anyway.
Nice! Curious though why you didn’t get the one with the folding boom and 4 nozzles?

(Thought that was what you asked about a little while ago?)

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Nice! Curious though why you didn’t get the one with the folding boom and 4 nozzles?

(Thought that was what you asked about a little while ago?)
Believe it not, those nozzles shoot out 30' and the center fans out. Did my gravel drive with water to test it.

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Believe it not, those nozzles shoot out 30' and the center fans out. Did my gravel drive with water to test it.
Also, what I was to during my research and from dealer, that units boom is better and has an upgraded pump

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Also, what I was to during my research and from dealer, that units boom is better and has an upgraded pump
My statement made no sense. Lol. Proofread!

*what I found out during...

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Lol. No...30 foot spray coverage w/boom.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

So now I’m even more curious. What kind of nozzles does it have on it? What pump? What kind of coverage is it getting at 30 ft? Im no expert either. I got the same tank with the flip out booms and its 11 or 12 ft spray if I recall. Maybe I could mod mine?

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
So now I’m even more curious. What kind of nozzles does it have on it? What pump? What kind of coverage is it getting at 30 ft? Im no expert either. I got the same tank with the flip out booms and its 11 or 12 ft spray if I recall. Maybe I could mod mine?
I can take some pictures tomorrow. The pump I'm told is bigger, more powerful than other tank. I'll take pics of that too.

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
I can take some pictures tomorrow. The pump I'm told is bigger, more powerful than other tank. I'll take pics of that too.
When I sprayed my drive with water on test run, it went way over both sides. That was on full pressure

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Thank you!
As I'm sitting outside waiting on my son who's late...typical... found the difference in the pumps. This systems pump is 4.5 GPM as opposed to 2.4 GPM on the other tank. More to come.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I have the one wIth the folding boom, and I guess smaller pump. Lots of trees in half the pasture, and the boom is a pain in there sometimes
96D22753-450B-4851-B8B3-4AF3EF752692.jpeg

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have the one wIth the folding boom, and I guess smaller pump. Lots of trees in half the pasture, and the boom is a pain in there sometimes View attachment 45724

I was thinking about putting a couple shut off valves on the outer two nozzles so I could shut them off and leave the booms folded in in tight spots. But for now I just leave them folded in and let all 4 spray. Only time I really need them folded in is when I spray the driveway for weeds.

I think I got you and MFFI confused when asking him about his sprayer. I like the way his sounds. Might try to modify mine with the pump and nozzles he has.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I was thinking about putting a couple shut off valves on the outer two nozzles so I could shut them off and leave the booms folded in in tight spots. But for now I just leave them folded in and let all 4 spray. Only time I really need them folded in is when I spray the driveway for weeds.

I think I got you and MFFI confused when asking him about his sprayer. I like the way his sounds. Might try to modify mine with the pump and nozzles he has.
I had the same idea about shut off valves, but since the first application of 2-D-4 took care of the buttercups, I won't be needing the sprayer unless the wife decides to buy grass fertilizer. I'll deal with it then, or not.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Have one similar but 250 gallons. I like the 'boomless' 3 nozzle setup as well. No booms to deal with. Mine does a 40 foot swath and has internal agitation so I can spray wettable powders. I use it to spray 28 liquid urea on hay.

If you plan on spraying any herbicide like Glyphosate, be careful of wind drift or you'll be killing stuff you don't want to kill... :D