Speed change interlock question???

MGB

Equipment
L2250DT/Ferguson TO30
Jul 3, 2010
SC
What is the purpose of the "speed change interlock"? My 1986 L2250DT speed change works fine as does everything else but there is an adjustable rod underneath the tractor that is disconnected from the actual speed change lever. It should be connected via a "pin" made on the bottom of the lever that should be connected into the adjustable rod with a cotter pin. The "pin" is broken off. The tractor operates fine when changing from hi to lo speed and lo to hi as it should. With everything working as it should, just wondering what it is needed for??? It makes a lot better sense if you are able to see it on a parts list etc.. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The purpose is to keep from shelling the transmission or causing a high speed reverse!
Get it fixed!

Restrictor.JPG

MGB

Equipment
L2250DT/Ferguson TO30
Jul 3, 2010
SC
The purpose is to keep from shelling the transmission or causing a high speed reverse!
Get it fixed!

View attachment 79259
Thanks, Wolfman. Makes sense. I know at times I have twisted in the seat looking backwards and so on and inadvertantly hit the speed change lever etc.. Looks like the "pin" on the shuttle rod has been sheared off. Will take a better look at it ASAP. Thanks again.