Spam

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Seem to be a lot of SPAM on the site lately, is there anything that can be done about this?

Don't know if the site is using any things to stop the SPAM, but I found this page that talks about block SPAM on vBulletin forum
bulletproof-spam-scraper-protection

I'm willing to help with this anyway I can, I have done a lot of work with PHP if you need programming help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Seem to be a lot of SPAM on the site lately, is there anything that can be done about this?

Don't know if the site is using any things to stop the SPAM, but I found this page that talks about block SPAM on vBulletin forum
bulletproof-spam-scraper-protection

I'm willing to help with this anyway I can, I have done a lot of work with PHP if you need programming help.
I like that idea = wonder if the net gurus could implament this!:) I too ditto on the help if need be!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Morning folks,

Fighting spam is always an uphill battle. If you find something that does not look quite right that we have not caught yet please do shoot either myself or Service Dept Vic a quick PM and we'll remove posts and ban offending users.

Sorry about this - we're on it!

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Morning folks,

Fighting spam is always an uphill battle. If you find something that does not look quite right that we have not caught yet please do shoot either myself or Service Dept Vic a quick PM and we'll remove posts and ban offending users.

Sorry about this - we're on it!
Is it okay to use the Report Post Icon to report SPAM?

Thanks for your hard work on the board and hosting it!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is it okay to use the Report Post Icon to report SPAM?

Thanks for your hard work on the board and hosting it!

That is how most of us do it ...........you can click that icon for several reasons.....spam, something inappropriate or someone going off the deep end!:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
someone going off the deep end!:D
That sounds like last week for me :D Got home, took the wife out to dinner. Had one of them yards of beer with dinner :rolleyes: felt much better after that :D:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That sounds like last week for me :D Got home, took the wife out to dinner. Had one of them yards of beer with dinner :rolleyes: felt much better after that :D:D

Damn - I would have driven down!!!:D:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Damn - I would have driven down!!!:D:)
Didn't expect to get a whole yard worth of beer :rolleyes: most places in town have 16 and 22oz glasses. Waitress just asked wether I wanted a tall or short. So I asked for the "tallest one they had" figuring it was a 22 to 24oz. Wife said I had perma grin when the waitress brought out a 3' tall class :D:D