Spam recipes?

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Hey! the main staple of 50s fall out shelter food...we called them "nuclear food"
"okay kids into the hall...heads between your legs"
We were taught to hide beneath our desk and stay away from windows. 45 miles to the nearest SAC base so it shouldn't be much of an issue.:rolleyes:

Can we get back to recipes? I'm hungry!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My recipe is simple:

2 slices white bread

2 Large spoons of mayo

1/2 Can of Spam, divided into 2 slabs

I think you get the rest......:cool:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The wife & I were at a state fair a while back that featured a "Spam" food truck that was serving "Spamwiches" for free. While waiting in line, a young girl in front of us asked her boyfriend what "spam" stood for- just as they reached the front of the line, he replied "Squirrels, Pigs, And Mice". The Spam people were not amused- I laughed my a$$ off!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
rcw,, that was close,, I had a thick slice on a bisquit with eggs this am, actually had 2. Just the talk of it makes me want to go get another one.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
I wonder what the Kamloops is like now, it was tiny when we camped there, the lake had nothing around it, you could park your trailer wherever, I don't remember any campgrounds. It was beautiful. The story about the freshwater shrimp was the same, and something similar makes pink flamingos pink. I once knew the pigment in the shrimp that is responsible, but have long since forgotten. Those were the good old days. Glad you go there Corney, enjoy for me too.
Pretty developed area now, can't believe how the city is sprawled out. For the most part I fish the area north up the deadmans valley at a lake called Hihuim. My buddy has a cabin up there.

I have fished Steelhead on the Thompson River which is what Kamloops lake is a widening of. Closer to the Wet Coast though.

I went to Surplus Herbie's today which is a place the OTT's would love!

They have fishing chit, army surplus, hardware, kitchen chit and I checked and yes they have SPAM!

I personally won't eat that chit even with mustard and I will eat anything with Mustard even Baloney! Fried of course. Mock meat with pimentos neither. Yuck!

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
2 slices of spam 1/2" thick fried in bacon grease on 2 slices of white bread with mustard makes one heckofa samich. Umm goooood.:D:D:D

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
2 slices of spam 1/2" thick fried in bacon grease on 2 slices of white bread with mustard makes one heckofa samich. Umm goooood.:D:D:D
Mustard on Spam is akin to putting ketchup on a hot dog! :eek:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I happen to like ketchup on everything :D:D hotdogs, burgers, meat loaf, etc...:D
Beef products - yes. Pork - no. In the Navy we put ketchup (red lead in our vernacular) on EVERYTHING to hide the taste!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Beef products - yes. Pork - no. In the Navy we put ketchup (red lead in our vernacular) on EVERYTHING to hide the taste!
They make all beef hot dogs :D Most of the time though we get the mystery meat ones :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Have you ever wondered what they do with the critters after they pick them up?!!! Well.......umm.... :eek::rolleyes::p:D