Social Media?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have no interest in social media, like Facebook, Twitter and whatever else there may be out there.

So I was kind of shocked that someone in a different thread suggested that OTT, or at least the off topic forum, was social media!

AND I guess this is so...

Damn, in order to keep my integrity I guess I will have to stop posting in the OT forum!

:cry:

Heading over to the daughter's for Thanksgiving dinner soon. Having a couple afternoon beers as I do not drink in the evening. LOL. It is Thanksgiving right?

BUT I suppose the OT forum is indeed a kind of social media.

Live and learn...

It is great hearing different opinions on different issues unrelated to tractors though...

No doubt this is a moment of weakness...be back tomorrow! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 63.7 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
A message board such as this is a form of social media, yes, in the technical sense.
Most people think of social media as the big 3 however, FB, Twitter, instagram.

I was on Jeep, gun, garage, and tractor boards long before the other 3.

It's funny on each of them I'm different. FB I post all family stuff, Instagram I follow only skiing and music stuff. Twitter I'm 1000% political :ROFLMAO: Not sure how all that worked out.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller, RCF2060 Rotary Cutter
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Much like Henro I choose not to participate in the Facebook (Meta), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. I do not consider forums such as this one as "Social Media" but more of a "message board". Forums like this one are geared more to help one another and I have benefited from individuals on sites like this and will freely offer info to help others myself. That is why I see these forums different. I do see a trend where several message boards are falling to the wayside due to the overwhelming number of folks who focus on social media only. Hopefully we can keep this one going for a longs time. Cheers!!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station. JD4100 for sale
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Much like Henro I choose not to participate in the Facebook (Meta), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. I do not consider forums such as this one as "Social Media" but more of a "message board". Forums like this one are geared more to help one another and I have benefited from individuals on sites like this and will freely offer info to help others myself. That is why I see these forums different. I do see a trend where several message boards are falling to the wayside due to the overwhelming number of folks who focus on social media only. Hopefully we can keep this one going for a longs time. Cheers!!
Social media is really any form of public communication site, so yes this is social media. But of course every site has a different emphasis and people posting comments.