So Why Did He Retire.....

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Smart man...

My brother hit 70 this week and I went to L.A. to celebrate.

He has been racing SCCA for 30 years starting in Formula Fords and moving to an Elva and finally the '64 Lotus 23B he owns now. No accidents. He has raced from the back and finished very near the top, even among cars with many more "BTU" than his car. And, as a compliment to his style of driving, he has been repeatedly invited to race in the Historics at Laguna Seca among cars costing millions of dollars. Never traded paint with any of them though many were driven by owners with no business being in the seat of a high performance 2.4 million dollar Ferrari.

He too has decided to hang up the hobby. His car is getting detailed and will go on the market this spring. He will still instruct in SCCA driving clinics to help those who want to learn more.

Its important to know your limitations. Those who don't often suffer the pain of pressing on.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
NASCAR aint nuttin but a bunch of whiner pretty boys going fast and turning left,, I stopped watching and following back when they "MADE IT SAFER and all the restrictions they put on it,, People dont go to watch a race but the crashes and thats a fact

Bunker Buster

Equipment
2015 L2501DT
NASCAR aint nuttin but a bunch of whiner pretty boys going fast and turning left,, I stopped watching and following back when they "MADE IT SAFER and all the restrictions they put on it,, People dont go to watch a race but the crashes and thats a fact
I have to agree with you. I quit watching in the early '90s. If you can turn, you aren't going fast enough. :D