So glad to be here and not the Facebook Group "Kubota Compact Tractors & Equipment"

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
Just venting here that for some reason after going the Facebook group 9 months ago I have never been able to post a message. It seems that the group is only allowed to post if you are part of their internal members. 3 times I went for pretty urgent help and ever post was "automatically" denied saying I was too new. And NO I never posted a bad message, ads or spam. All I could do is reply to posts. I guess I have to wait until I retire to post. Sorry for the long rant but it really stinks to spend 10 minutes writing a post only to have a bot deny it. ON top of that I wrote 3 admins, 1 reponded and could never figure out their own forum. So this is a long way to say thanks for allowing a person to join a forum and post a message, clearly the FB group would prefer to exclude some and has no idea how to run their own stuff. So thanks!

Reactions: 4 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Just venting here that for some reason after going the Facebook group 9 months ago I have never been able to post a message. It seems that the group is only allowed to post if you are part of their internal members. 3 times I went for pretty urgent help and ever post was "automatically" denied saying I was too new. And NO I never posted a bad message, ads or spam. All I could do is reply to posts. I guess I have to wait until I retire to post. Sorry for the long rant but it really stinks to spend 10 minutes writing a post only to have a bot deny it. ON top of that I wrote 3 admins, 1 reponded and could never figure out their own forum. So this is a long way to say thanks for allowing a person to join a forum and post a message, clearly the FB group would prefer to exclude some and has no idea how to run their own stuff. So thanks!
Facebook sucks.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I tried to join FB marketplace...got lots of emails for 'these you might like', stuff but could not finalize the 'joining' as I do NOT have a cell phone ,which was NOT disclosed at the beginning ( only said cell or email...)
There was NO way to email them to drop me but magically after 62 days THEY dropped me.
I have a neighbour that posts my stuff for sale, she gets 90% of all the cash from the sales.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Welcome!

I had a similar experience with a Facebook Kubota group I joined about the same time I joined here. Facebook group was a waste of time. It was an aggregation of newbies and vendors (mostly one) that was heavily moderated to totally remove any debate on anything. Just not useful.

Nothing against newbies. Sometimes they ask stuff so basic even I can answer so they make me feel better, but if that’s all that’s in the group, that’s not good. Moderating out any and all debate isn’t good either. Sometimes it’s good to hear different perspectives and reasons for them from someone who has the experience to have a valid opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome! Now that you know you can post you surly have a question. What machine/s do you have?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Most likely a better 'knowledge' base here anyway. If you just want to chat.....go to Facebook, if you need help or want to share your own knowledge/experience a good 'forum' (like this one) is the place to be.

Welcome.

Flint

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Some forums on other things SUCK. They are full of sanctimonious and virtue signal clowns who what to control the forum with playing God. They know everything according to them unti you prove them wrong, then they try to get you cancelled for some minor infraction of their weak ego. This seems to be an honest and fair forum!

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
.... So this is a long way to say thanks for allowing a person to join a forum and post a message, clearly the FB group would prefer to exclude some and has no idea how to run their own stuff. So thanks!
Welcome. Remember to add info. to your profile - it helps.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Welcome aboard! Fake book does indeed suck. I've spent more time in FB jail for being truthful than actually on it.
FWIW, some years ago I was a mod for a couple groups on the FaceTube. Their "tools" for moderators and group managers are as useful as a square wheel. Unless you really spend some time to play with things, it can be frustrating. Then, the old Zuckerberg machine changes something and the old rules and permissions don't stick. It was a PITA at times. And no one got paid for it, so it was a low priority to do anything for an individual. So it's probably not the people there. It's probably that the time and initiative are short.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You will get great help here. Awesome resource for Kubota owners!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Welcome, a lot great folks on with a ton of tribal knowledge. Ask and you get an answer.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The answers on the Fake site are often juvenile nonsense. Here, for the most part, are folks that have a reasonable level of maturity and most conversations are useful.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Just venting here that for some reason after going the Facebook group 9 months ago I have never been able to post a message...<snip>
Yeah, keep the drama over there.

Post a question, brag about your tractor, or tell us what you did on your tractor today!

Welcome aboard. (-:

Reactions: 3 users

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Never been on Facebook, one of the few my age. Lol
This is one of the best forums I’ve ever been a part of and honestly it was even better prior to the off topic section being added. That’s being said, If you have questions and your Kubota, I can’t imagine there’s a better place to get the answers you’re looking for than here.
Being a moderator is a thankless job, wolfeman does a great job, IMO. I’ve been part of a few different motorcycle forums where the moderators acted like complete d…. If they disagreed with your opinion.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I have my account here, one for my Ridgeline a LinkedIn for professional stuff (99.9% just a way for vendors to contact you) and Twitter. Nothing else. Wife tells me I’m incompatible with FB and the other platforms. One of the nicest things she ever told me

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Never been on Facebook, one of the few my age. Lol
This is one of the best forums I’ve ever been a part of and honestly it was even better prior to the off topic section being added. That’s being said, If you have questions and your Kubota, I can’t imagine there’s a better place to get the answers you’re looking for than here.
Being a moderator is a thankless job, wolfeman does a great job, IMO. I’ve been part of a few different motorcycle forums where the moderators acted like complete d…. If they disagreed with your opinion.
"..... and honestly it was even better prior to the off topic section being added." If that section offends you it is real easy to not go there! If "What's cookin' boys", or "Daily Chuckle" or anything else there makes you have a bad day, not open that thread! It's not complicated. ;)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Ive been in the market for about a month looking for a shop press since i recently broke my undersized one. Found a HF 20 ton for $150 listed as BRAND NEW ONLY PRESSED OUT 1 BEARING" that just popped up and only 20 minutes from me. I messaged to see if the accesories come with it, like the jack handle and the press plates. Seller said yes and we made plans to meet the next day at 6pm and seller put the item as "sale pending"
I went to get it at 6pm and the guy couldnt be bothered with being there so put his mother in charge of the transaction. At first inspection the part of the press that was not shown in the pic was all bent to sh!t, the part that slides up and down you put your part on to press. the lower 1/3 was all rust because it had been sitting in a wet shop and neither the handle or the press plates could be located. I left because the ad was BS.

So now im under some sort of review by the facebook group that this was posted under because i did not pick the item up like i had promised..lol

Facebook is a joke but happens to be where you find the most stuff for sale