Snowplow for BX 22

MrVee

May 13, 2015
Albrightsville, Pa.
Hi, I am a new member of the forum. I am in need of some advice on purchasing a snowplow for a BX 22. I am looking at a Bxpander 72 inch plow. Any advice that you might give would be appreciated. One of my questions is, is the Bx22 capable of handling a plow with the loader attached, if so, will I need to use counter weights.

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi, I am a new member of the forum. I am in need of some advice on purchasing a snowplow for a BX 22. I am looking at a Bxpander 72 inch plow. Any advice that you might give would be appreciated. One of my questions is, is the Bx22 capable of handling a plow with the loader attached, if so, will I need to use counter weights.

Thanks
The weight of the loader will be an asset ......but 72" is gonna be a wee bit tight in real snow!!! The bx is approx 48 wide at the bucket and throughout the midsection, even with the blade turned at 30 degrees, it is going to be more than it can handle.......now we talking about pushing 4" of snow ? or 2 feet?

I had a 6 footer on the rear of my 8n, and in heavy snow it would whip the front end around if not careful!

MrVee

May 13, 2015
Albrightsville, Pa.
The weight of the loader will be an asset ......but 72" is gonna be a wee bit tight in real snow!!! The bx is approx 48 wide at the bucket and throughout the midsection, even with the blade turned at 30 degrees, it is going to be more than it can handle.......now we talking about pushing 4" of snow ? or 2 feet?

I had a 6 footer on the rear of my 8n, and in heavy snow it would whip the front end around if not careful!
Thanks for the Info. Do you think that the 60 inch would be a better choice?

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Yep the 60" would be a much better choice. The 54" backblade I have on mine can spin the tractor under a super full load of snow but it works great overall.