snowblower

nitemare

Equipment
bx 1860 snow blade mmm
Feb 14, 2015
Lebanon Ct
ok please help me understand something I've seen many videos of front mount snowblower on bx s so if you already have a a loader valve why do you need the separate handle to rotate the chute thanks

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The snowblowers come standard with manual hand crank for rotating the chute. You can get either an electric motor or a hydraulic motor as an option for the chute rotation. Of course, they add to the price so that is why you see quite a few sold with the manual crank.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
You probably already know the snowblower is roughly $2k. Add another $800 for the hydraulic rotation or less for electric. You also need the quickhitch and pto driveshaft. So how deep are your pockets, basic version $3k or $4k hydraulic version. You cab also add the elecrtic chute adjuster for more.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I will say its been a real time saver this year, but havent got much snow unlike the people of the northeast this year. I'm not a fan of the rear blower, cheaper but always looking backwards.

nitemare

Equipment
bx 1860 snow blade mmm
Feb 14, 2015
Lebanon Ct
yes i was quoted a price of 2977.00 out the door already have the quick hitch i guess the hand crank chute rotator would be just fine no need to sp end the extra for hydraulic i just assumed because the hydraulic lines are there it would automatically work with the loader handle

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Your right, it does, IF you buy the B2754A Hydraulic Shoot Rotator.
What really sucks about the kit I received is that the gear which goes on the hydraulic motor, is cut with a plasma cutter,by a blind man with rubber arms, and the shakes.
When I called the dealer to complain,he said that he has seen this problem with these kits since 5 years ago, and that,s just the way it is.
It is very rough cut out of very cheap, soft steel, and the teeth will not mesh with the rotation gear which is mounted on the chute.
It took me all afternoon using a grinder and files to get it to mesh so it would never bind going left or right.
If this kit cost 100 bucks, I might be able to understand that type of quality control.
When it retails for 6-7 hundred bucks, it is not acceptable.
What is even more puzzling is that I know this kit is made in Canada, were we do have good quality control.
Has anyone else who bought this kit had problems with the gear being so rough cut and not meshing properly ?

Last edited:

Chevelle

Equipment
2002 L3710,blower,backblade,FEL,forks,homemade plow,homemade weight box
Here is a chute level adjuster me and a buddy made.It used to have the old pin you had to remove and adjust manually,getting out of the machine each time.It is operated off of one of the rear remotes and works great.

Attachments

Trkr

Feb 7, 2015
Baltimore County,Md
Here is a chute level adjuster me and a buddy made.It used to have the old pin you had to remove and adjust manually,getting out of the machine each time.It is operated off of one of the rear remotes and works great.
Dang,could you give some details on that front mounted snow blower?I just bought a L2900,and wondered if one would work on that?Thanks

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The snowblowers come standard with manual hand crank for rotating the chute. You can get either an electric motor or a hydraulic motor as an option for the chute rotation. Of course, they add to the price so that is why you see quite a few sold with the manual crank.
Remember there are simpler less costly chute rotation methods than a hydraulic motor using an inexpensive hydraulic cylinder if you have a few fabrication skills.
Here are pictures of three examples.
Dave M7040

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Or you gan go with a hydraulic motor setup $150 less than factory equipment cost including the spool to operate it. Why crank by hand when the tractor can do it for you :D