Snowblower rotation... Help

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Lx2610 : Grapple. 60" QA. 63" Snowblower. Forks.
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
are you guys supposed to get snow this weekend I’m in the process of hooking up my snowblower hook. I adjusted the gear so it’s somewhat snug against the shoots. I don’t believe my cylinder that drives the gear is working properly I can spinet one way for 3/4 of turn and then I can’t spin it the other way and yes I am going all the way into the detent

Once I try to go the other way obviously it’s just stuck want to go one way or the other until I open a connection and release the pressure.

Everything else is working properly I research the issue and the issue before with people not going all the way to the right with the joystick which is not my issue.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The chute is mounted in a way that it has a lot of movement in it when turning. To accommodate this movement, you have to loosen the motor a little, just enough that it still matches the cogs in the chute, and it can't jam up at the end of the travel. I am assuming that your tractor snowblower has the same type of hydraulic motor as that is on your tractor's baby brother, the BX.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
without seeing pix ,it's hard to 'see' what's not working but...
....mechanically disconnect the 'cylinder' from the 'gear', and manually rotate the chute by hand. It should easily move full range. If YOU can move the chute, that's not wher eht eproblem is..
Then, cycle the cylinder, the ram should go in/out full range. If not, maybe 'bad plumbing' ?

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
The chute is mounted in a way that it has a lot of movement in it when turning. To accommodate this movement, you have to loosen the motor a little, just enough that it still matches the cogs in the chute, and it can't jam up at the end of the travel. I am assuming that your tractor snowblower has the same type of hydraulic motor as that is on your tractor's baby brother, the BX.
Correct. It is not jammed or anything I took the gear off as well to see if the issue would be resolved. Negative. Can rotate one way once I release a line to relieve pressure in the system. But once pressure in the system cant go left or right. It is stuck.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
without seeing pix ,it's hard to 'see' what's not working but...
....mechanically disconnect the 'cylinder' from the 'gear', and manually rotate the chute by hand. It should easily move full range. If YOU can move the chute, that's not wher eht eproblem is..
Then, cycle the cylinder, the ram should go in/out full range. If not, maybe 'bad plumbing' ?
Correct it spins with manual hand power with the hoses disconnected. It will shoot the fluid out each way when I turn it. I can hook it back up. Have it spin one way then back other way slightly. Then locked up. Won't spin left or right.

I am away from home so I can't take photos till Sunday.

My assumption is that I have a bad cylinder pump ( not sure what it is called. That moved the gear. Not sure why the fluid won't release from one inlet when turning and to the other outlet.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I have the LX2980 snowblower for my LX2610 and found this in the Troubleshooting section-

LX2980 Snowblower TS.png

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I just installed my new BX5455hd snowblower and when I tried the hydraulic operated chute it was slow and stopped turning in one direction. I adjusted the “flow” on the 2 adjusters on the bottom of the motor…the adjustments were backed out a good deal…after turning the adjusters back in and tightening the lock nuts it operated much better and faster.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
I do
I just installed my new BX5455hd snowblower and when I tried the hydraulic operated chute it was slow and stopped turning in one direction. I adjusted the “flow” on the 2 adjusters on the bottom of the motor…the adjustments were backed out a good deal…after turning the adjusters back in and tightening the lock nuts it operated much better and faster.
I do not believe mine has thoses, I just have one like the photo above LX2980 snowmblower. Still away, probably wont be home till monday .

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Have you tried swapping the 2 hydraulic hoses that are connected to the chute rotation at the quick disconnects to see if that makes any difference? it should just swap the rotation directions.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Have you tried swapping the 2 hydraulic hoses that are connected to the chute rotation at the quick disconnects to see if that makes any difference? it should just swap the rotation directions.
I have not yet. I figured. Because (fluid was shooting out of both of them) it wouldn't make a difference.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I do not believe mine has thoses, I just have one like the photo above LX2980 snowmblower. Still away, probably wont be home till monday .
On that “picture” parts numbered “6” are the flow adjusters are they not? That’s what mine look like. Those are the flow restrictors…unscrew the locknut and screw in the Allen screw in the middle until the flow is adequate and the chute turns like it’s supposed to.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
On that “picture” parts numbered “6” are the flow adjusters are they not? That’s what mine look like. Those are the flow restrictors…unscrew the locknut and screw in the Allen screw in the middle until the flow is adequate and the chute turns like it’s supposed to.
From my glance at them. They just looked like a fitting that screws in to the pump/ cylinder.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Amazing the information that you can find in the manual. I guess that is why they supply one with every machine. LOL:)

Reactions: 1 users

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
I bought a shop service manual too. Just didn't arrive till today.
Amazing the information that you can find in the manual. I guess that is why they supply one with every machine. LOL:)
So…did you increase the flow while you were fiddling with the flow restrictors?
What kind of “material” was in them???🧐
The flow stayed the same, as mine are not adjustable. Just some metal shavings. I am gonna take apart the pump or cylinder to see if there was somehow any real damage. [although with the flow.... if fluid is going in... not sure why it wouldnt move the shavings to the other side... and then cause that side to not move, but they both would get stuck. So not sure, I aint complaining it is working though. lol

brimmer

Equipment
Kubota b3000 with snowblower
Nov 16, 2023
Stanhope Iowa
I am having issues with chute rotation. The chute will only move when i pull the control lever towards me (left). If I switch the hoses top to bottom it will rotate back the other way. But again this is when i pull the lever toward me. When I push the lever away I can see the hoses loading up but the chute does not move. I also tried swapping the chute connectors with the up/down outlets on the manifold and the chute moved just fine. Also I hooked the up/down connectors to the chute connections on the manifold and it went up and down just fine. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.. The tractor is a Kubota B3000 and the hydraulic manifold has 4 ports, 2 top and 2 bottom. Like the dots on the #4 side of a die (From a set of dice). Thank you

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am having issues with chute rotation. The chute will only move when i pull the control lever towards me (left). If I switch the hoses top to bottom it will rotate back the other way. But again this is when i pull the lever toward me. When I push the lever away I can see the hoses loading up but the chute does not move. I also tried swapping the chute connectors with the up/down outlets on the manifold and the chute moved just fine. Also I hooked the up/down connectors to the chute connections on the manifold and it went up and down just fine. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.. The tractor is a Kubota B3000 and the hydraulic manifold has 4 ports, 2 top and 2 bottom. Like the dots on the #4 side of a die (From a set of dice). Thank you
The bucket spool on your loader valve is regenerative (fast dump). It works fine fpr hydraulic cylinders but cannot reverse a hydraulic motor. You need a separate valve for the motor.

Dan