Snowblower mount

eericherak

Equipment
Kubota B-21
Dec 14, 2020
Willow Alaska
Greetings. I am hooking up a SB1064 snowblower implement to my B21 Kubota tractor. The snowblower has an adjustable 3-point mounting feature which allows for a choice in distances between the tractor and the snowblower. I have to cut the driveline so I would appreciate any incite you may have. My inclination is to mount it with the shortest distance between the two. Any experience with this?

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
The closer to the tractor your blower is the steeper the driveline angles will be. That may not be an issue on that combination but it is something to consider.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I can see the logic of mounting it as close as possible. It would reduce the effective weight on the 3ph lift system. It would reduce the tendency to resist steering input due to rudder effect. It would keep the overall length as short as possible. It would compensate for the additional length of any quick-hitch or Pat's type interface.

On the other hand, it would increase the driveshaft angle fully lowered and/or fully raised. It would place it closer to the operator and/or potentially interfere with tractor or cab. It might be harder to see where it is as you twist around in the seat to see where you are going.

Given that you can always shorten the driveshaft more but can't lengthen it, I personally would start with it as long as possible and move it in as appropriate depending on how you find things after trying it out.

eericherak

Equipment
Kubota B-21
Dec 14, 2020
Willow Alaska
I can see the logic of mounting it as close as possible. It would reduce the effective weight on the 3ph lift system. It would reduce the tendency to resist steering input due to rudder effect. It would keep the overall length as short as possible. It would compensate for the additional length of any quick-hitch or Pat's type interface.

On the other hand, it would increase the driveshaft angle fully lowered and/or fully raised. It would place it closer to the operator and/or potentially interfere with tractor or cab. It might be harder to see where it is as you twist around in the seat to see where you are going.

Given that you can always shorten the driveshaft more but can't lengthen it, I personally would start with it as long as possible and move it in as appropriate depending on how you find things after trying it out.
I will certainly check that driveline angle before I make any decision. Thank you

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you have a lot of turns in your driveway and tight spaces to clean short can make life easier for you.

If you start long you can always cut it shorter if you want to change things. Harder to go the other way.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I downloaded the SB1064 manual and according to the install section, you use the lower holes, (1st selection) if your lower arms will touch the ground.
I don't see how these vertically spaced holes would have a huge(more than say 2 inches ??) 'distance from tractor' effect.
Easy enough to try mounting in both holes though and measure.....