Snowblower Chute Rotater

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Nice job. What did you use for the stops? I got the factory electric rotation for my front snowblower, I love it saves the hassel of hand crank.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I like it too. Nice solution for a few bucks. If you would buy an original setup, they would charge you a lot for the same...
You painted it orange!! :)

carl

jb62901

Sep 8, 2009
Cassopolis, Mi. SW Corner Mi.
Wow It's hard to be thinking about snow when it will be in the mid 80's today. I know in 30 days it could be here not a lot but will come. We had over a 100" last winter and 24" over night on the 8th of Jan. Here in SW Mi and being 25 miles from Lake Mich that plays a big part as to how much snow will fall. Oh well just have to deal with it.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
I like it! Very clean install. I think I'm going to do something similar next year, as I have the same blower. Won't have time before winter to do that with mine. I think I'll snitch Wildfire's idea for a deflector actuator as well. Using a surplus window motor is genius - cheap and easy to adapt.

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
I'm not too handy or inventive but if I had clear directions I can follow them. Any chance of getting a more detailed list of parts and some step by step on this? Really appreciated! I got the same blower and tomorrow is our first storm. Thanks!!

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
this is the best vid I could find, showing a very clean and professional job of precisely what I'd like to accomplish. perhaps the only thing I'd add to this would be a housing to protect the wiper motor from snow and ice.

by posting this link here my goal is to see if others can weigh in on some how to's... I have commented on the utube site but no response.

my primary questions: will any power window motor do or are certain units recommended? the connection point (coupler) where motor connects to the shaft which screw drives the chute: is that a custom coupler? and also, please comment on the power and how precisely to run this, from battery to fuse, relay, and switch.

can I get some step by step please? I would think this time of year there'd be some guys willing to share their recipes. Thanks!!
here is the vid, sharing from youtube:
http://youtu.be/jVeKc_QTTPA