Snow Sticking??? Easy Fix

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
So after a few years of trying various "Solutions" to solve wet sticky snow I finally found the fix, at least for me

At the beginning of the season I go to Walmart and buy a new can of this stuff

Why a new can every year ??? Because I am an idiot and inevitably leave it out in the barn to freeze :(
So if I start with a new can under the kitchen sink each year I usually make it through the season..
It runs about $2 a can
I spray the Chute and the Impellers along with all the inner metal of the blower when I warm up the Tractor, this will allow me to blow slush, seriously this stuff works..

I tried the Pam etc: and it did ok but this is way better and way cheaper

I also will spray the inside of the Bucket and the face of the Back Blade before use in the Spring, and the snow slides right off

Anyone else tried this ????

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
No but I have used spray wax on the plow and that seems to work and WD40 too but that don't last long,, I will give that a try,, but from looking at NWS it don't look like we are going to get much if anything to worry about. I may have put the plow on for nuttin,,, which is OK :D

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I use it along the rubber on the car door when they predict freezing rain. Helps keep the door from freezing shut overnight. Works great on snow blade and shovel as well. I thought about trying it on windshield wiper blades, but haven't yet. Used it once years ago, on an old motorcycle seat, made it look like new. But the first hard stop and I slid right up onto the gas tank!

Jerry

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
A very simple solution. Take the tractor out doors and let it idle while you grab some lunch or a cup of coffee. Snow won't stick on something the same temp usually.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
A very simple solution. Take the tractor out doors and let it idle while you grab some lunch or a cup of coffee. Snow won't stick on something the same temp usually.
That does work if the snow is dry. If it is a wet snow it will stick.:)