Snow plow quick attach mount plate question?

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
I have a push bar with pins from a Fisher Snow Plow frame I removed from a rusted out 1965 Scout. I am thinking of attaching it to a Titan 3/8" attachment mount plate to be purchased. The Snow Plow is a 7 foot Fisher also from the Scout. My reasoning for the thicker plate is the rigidity it affords the FEL framework and past experience with the damage snow plowing can have on vehicles, snow plows and mounting frames. I do not want to damage my new tractors FEL. My question? For those who have made or used such a set-up is this plate thickness adequate? I intend to use it on an L3901 tractor with 3rd function. Thank You in advance for your input.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a push bar with pins from a Fisher Snow Plow frame I removed from a rusted out 1965 Scout. I am thinking of attaching it to a Titan 3/8" attachment mount plate to be purchased. The Snow Plow is a 7 foot Fisher also from the Scout. My reasoning for the thicker plate is the rigidity it affords the FEL framework and past experience with the damage snow plowing can have on vehicles, snow plows and mounting frames. I do not want to damage my new tractors FEL. My question? For those who have made or used such a set-up is this plate thickness adequate? I intend to use it on an L3901 tractor with 3rd function. Thank You in advance for your input.
A heavier plate will not make it any stronger, I have not experienced or heard of anyone twisting a plate, it's pretty much impossible.
A heavy plate will only put stain on the front drive system and reduce your lift capabilities.
Heavy plates were designed for Skid Steer loaders with a much greater lift and torque capabilities. ;)

Last edited:

85 Sovereign

Equipment
L4701 HST
May 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Excellent question! I’m considering something very similar (as a future project) and was wondering if I’d be pushing the limits of my loader. I’m just a step up, with an L4701 and the larger loader, but I don’t want to create undue stress on it.
Any input and suggestions are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
1/4 plate should be fine what I'm doing mine on. I've done them out of 3/8 Before on 10k skid steers pushing much bigger plows. Going to have to experiment with how much snow you cab push at a time with your tractor if you get to much it will walk your plow out of what your going to try and push. On my 3901 I'm using a 6' and my box blade on the back then going to sling some lead block on it just to make sure.